Monday, January 12, 2009

Ugly Sweater Party and Ping Pong

Well, we went to our first Christmas party this year. Brady and Jenna had an "Ugly Sweater Party" at Jenna's parents house on December 20, 08. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go because I had to work, but I was able to get off a little early, so finding our sweater's was a last minute thing. We both called our parent's to see what they had. I felt bad calling them for an "ugly sweater" but we were successful. Jess got his from Grant, and I got mine from my mom. She wore this sweater in college she said and Grant wears his everytime he goes skiing, which hasn't been for a while according to Carol. We didn't have time to find an ugly sweater for Hunter, but that's okay. We had so much fun!!!! Jess won for the ugliest sweater. We had all kinds of yummy soup and food for dinner, and tons of delicious desserts, my favorite!!! Then we headed downstairs to play some games.


We played the dice game, where you had to try and roll a certain number and when you got it, you had to put on a hat, gloves, and glasses and try to open a present. There were 2 dice/presents going around. It seemed like as soon as you got everything on, it was someone else's turn. It was so much fun!! Jess ended winning one of the 2 presents. Nice job babe!!!!
We ended the night playing "Around the World" ping pong, which then turned into war pong. I don't know why they think this is so fun, but they do!!! You split up into two groups and then hit the ball, put the paddle down, and run around to the other side, and keep doing this until someone makes a mistake. You get 3 strikes and then you have to stand at the opposite end of the table and everyone gets a chance to hit you in the back with the ball. The girls played for a while, with their shirts down of course, even Jenna's mom, but then the boys got too wild. Here's their bakcs after playing for a while:
from left to right: Eric, Jess, Andy, Brady, and Jevin

Just like the good ole' days:) Thanks Brady and Jenna for such a fun night!!!!!!
The next night, we went over to Craig's for dinner and to hang out, and they were at it again. I really don't know why this is fun. They hit each other as hard as they can.
Left to right: Dustin, Andy, Kevin, Jess, Craig, and Julie's son

8 comments:

  1. I love the sweaters. They are so funny. Looks like you had tonz of fun. Yes, I am still working. Hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya gotta love those ugly sweater parties!! I went to one this year and it was a blast! I took 2nd place! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boys are crazy...why getting welts is fun - I'm not sure. That sweater party is funny...Jesse's sweater is funny and reminds me of some my parents used to wear. Hunter is so cute. I'm loving those pictures you just had done...what a photogenic baby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hillarious! I miss our family Christmas party! PS-I love you sweater, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great on the graduation! I love the ugly sweater party idea. I'll have to use that one. Hunter in the red long johns is classic. Nice for black mail or at his wedding dinner. I love collecting shots like that of Jax. I'm thoroughly impressed by all your blog updates. You're amazing. Keep up the good work. ps my email is rachseam@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I found your blog through the grapevine! Very fun! I'm gonna add it to mine if that's okay. Do you want an invite to mine? It is private, just email me if you do! tinagann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First you need to send me a copy of that pic of the welts from craigs house... but the sweater party looked like a ton of fun, we will have to do another one when Dustin and I can come!!! I loved the old sweaters, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for finding me. I love seeing other people's blogs. You little guy is getting so big, and is SOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete