Saturday we just hung out. Gentry and Tyson made yummy egg mcmuffins and fresh fruit for breakfast. Then they had to go plant flowers at Tyson's parent's house for the wedding. We just enjoyed being able to relax.
Hunter absolutely loved being outside, and he loved playing in the dirt or with sticks!! He's definitely all boy!!!
Here's Jess trying out his fishing skills off the bank late Saturday morning.
And here's one of the fish he caught. He caught about 5 or 6 fish over the weekend. Nothin' too big, but he had fun! He loves to fish, but doesn't get to do it enough!! Brady, Jenna, and Caden stopped to see us for a few minutes on their way up the canyon to go camping with The Woolf's. We chatted with them for a little while. Later that afternoon, Gentry and Tyson came back and we had hot dogs over the fire. Then we had a mean game of Hand and Foot, boys against girls, and we (the girls) whooped 'em!!:) Saturday night, Hunter had his first roasted marshmallow and he loved it. He was sure messy though:)Sunday it poured!! So, we just relaxed in the trailer. (Well, I did sneak home to take a quick shower, going on day 3 of camping with no showers was too much). We were so happy to have a trailer to keep us dry!!
Here we are at the good ole Mountain Man Rendezvous on Sunday afternoon. The rain stopped and the weather cleared up a bit. We actually came up on Saturday afternoon to to get some homemade rootbeer, but they were closed, so we came back on Sunday. However, the rootbeer was really watery. We decided they diluted it to make it go further:). And thanks to Tonya's parents, for letting us borrow this back pack carrier, Hunter had a great time riding around and looking at everything. He just soaked it all in:)
Here's Chance, Tyson and Gentry
We thought about buying Hunter a fur hat, but we just tried them on instead. I'm not so sure that he likes it. He was a little too tall for me to put it on him good, and I think it might be a little small.

Sunday night Grant, Carol, and Chance came up to have dinner with us. We had yummy chicken teriyaki rice bowl things. They were delicious. Here we are around the fire, just hanging out.
Once again Hunter's playin' in the dirt!!


Grant and Jess
Chance, Carol, Gentry, and Tyson. Sunday night it was just Jess, Hunter, and I that stayed over. Everyone else went home. It was so much fun though.
Mom and Hunter, monday morning, eating breakfast. Jess had to head back home, really early Monday morning (Memorial Day) to go help put flags out with the scouts. When he got back, he cooked us some breakfast. Dad makes the best breakfast, especially when we're up camping. We had planned to meet up with Brady and his fam on Sunday to go on a little 4-wheeler ride, but since it poured we didn't go. So, monday morning after breakfast we got pretty much everything packed up, and then headed up to Sheep Creek to meet up with the Woolf's, in hopes that the weather would stay decent and that they were planning on going on a 4-wheeler ride, and they were.
Hunter LOVED riding on the 4-wheeler!!
Hunter, Jess, Mindi, and Caden. I don't know if you can tell, but yes I have masking tape on my sunglasses. I handed my glasses to Hunter before we headed out on the 4-wheelers, to get him to say "thanks" and he broke them, so luckily JennaVee had some tape. (Hunter said "thanks" for the first time on May 18th, on our way to Dustin and Sheena's to swim in the pool with Brody. I wasn't positive that that is what he said, but I was pretty sure. This whole weekend, Hunter said "thanks" a ton!! It's so cute!!) This was about as far up the mountain as we made it. There was still some snow, and because of all the rain, it was really muddy. We were waiting for a few more people and a big rain storm hit, you can kind of see the rain drops in this picture. So we found cover under some trees, and luckily it didn't last very long or lightning. But it rained hard and we were definitely wet and cold. Brady's mom and brother-in-law spotted some moose sheds, so that was pretty darn cool.
Here's the group of us, well except me. About 1/2 of Brady's family and us. The Woolf's are just like family to us. They always make us feel so welcome and don't mind when we tag along:)!
Hunter and Brady
This is a lookout point at the top of one of the mountains overlooking Ant Flat Road. It was overcast and really bright so it's hard to see. Hunter's just hangin' on tight to his yummy twizzler licorice. A piece of licorice will keep him entertained for quite a while we found out.
I tried to sneak this picture:). I gave the camera to Brady and then hurried to stand behind Jess, but I couldn't get a smile.
I know there's like 50,000 pictures on here, but I just thought he looked so cute all bundled up with his little helmet on.
We were getting towards the end of our ride, and it was way past nap time. This kid's like his dad, if he's tired he's out:). Did you notice that Jess is smiling!!
We got home Monday afternoon and unhooked the camp trailer. Jess had to make another trip up the canyon, because we had 2 trailers to haul home, the camp trailer and trailer w/the 4-wheelers on it. So, he and Bunter went back up to get the 4-wheelers, which gave me a good headstart on getting the trailer unloaded and cleaned without worrying about watching Hunter. Well, I still had a lot of work to do, so I had just left Hunter in the house and turned on a movie for him to watch. I had checked on him multiple times and he was always just playing with toys, reading books, or watching his movie. Except for this one time, I walked in the kitchen from the garage to find this scene. . .Too funny!! He loves to take everything out of the diaper bag, well I forgot that there was a bag of licorice in there. And he loves licorice. Smart kid if you ask me:)
Here we are at the good ole Mountain Man Rendezvous on Sunday afternoon. The rain stopped and the weather cleared up a bit. We actually came up on Saturday afternoon to to get some homemade rootbeer, but they were closed, so we came back on Sunday. However, the rootbeer was really watery. We decided they diluted it to make it go further:). And thanks to Tonya's parents, for letting us borrow this back pack carrier, Hunter had a great time riding around and looking at everything. He just soaked it all in:)
Here's Chance, Tyson and Gentry
We thought about buying Hunter a fur hat, but we just tried them on instead. I'm not so sure that he likes it. He was a little too tall for me to put it on him good, and I think it might be a little small.
Sunday night Grant, Carol, and Chance came up to have dinner with us. We had yummy chicken teriyaki rice bowl things. They were delicious. Here we are around the fire, just hanging out.
Once again Hunter's playin' in the dirt!!

Grant and Jess
Chance, Carol, Gentry, and Tyson. Sunday night it was just Jess, Hunter, and I that stayed over. Everyone else went home. It was so much fun though.
Mom and Hunter, monday morning, eating breakfast. Jess had to head back home, really early Monday morning (Memorial Day) to go help put flags out with the scouts. When he got back, he cooked us some breakfast. Dad makes the best breakfast, especially when we're up camping. We had planned to meet up with Brady and his fam on Sunday to go on a little 4-wheeler ride, but since it poured we didn't go. So, monday morning after breakfast we got pretty much everything packed up, and then headed up to Sheep Creek to meet up with the Woolf's, in hopes that the weather would stay decent and that they were planning on going on a 4-wheeler ride, and they were.
Hunter LOVED riding on the 4-wheeler!!
Hunter, Jess, Mindi, and Caden. I don't know if you can tell, but yes I have masking tape on my sunglasses. I handed my glasses to Hunter before we headed out on the 4-wheelers, to get him to say "thanks" and he broke them, so luckily JennaVee had some tape. (Hunter said "thanks" for the first time on May 18th, on our way to Dustin and Sheena's to swim in the pool with Brody. I wasn't positive that that is what he said, but I was pretty sure. This whole weekend, Hunter said "thanks" a ton!! It's so cute!!) This was about as far up the mountain as we made it. There was still some snow, and because of all the rain, it was really muddy. We were waiting for a few more people and a big rain storm hit, you can kind of see the rain drops in this picture. So we found cover under some trees, and luckily it didn't last very long or lightning. But it rained hard and we were definitely wet and cold. Brady's mom and brother-in-law spotted some moose sheds, so that was pretty darn cool.
Here's the group of us, well except me. About 1/2 of Brady's family and us. The Woolf's are just like family to us. They always make us feel so welcome and don't mind when we tag along:)!
Hunter and Brady
This is a lookout point at the top of one of the mountains overlooking Ant Flat Road. It was overcast and really bright so it's hard to see. Hunter's just hangin' on tight to his yummy twizzler licorice. A piece of licorice will keep him entertained for quite a while we found out.
I tried to sneak this picture:). I gave the camera to Brady and then hurried to stand behind Jess, but I couldn't get a smile.
I know there's like 50,000 pictures on here, but I just thought he looked so cute all bundled up with his little helmet on.
We were getting towards the end of our ride, and it was way past nap time. This kid's like his dad, if he's tired he's out:). Did you notice that Jess is smiling!!
We got home Monday afternoon and unhooked the camp trailer. Jess had to make another trip up the canyon, because we had 2 trailers to haul home, the camp trailer and trailer w/the 4-wheelers on it. So, he and Bunter went back up to get the 4-wheelers, which gave me a good headstart on getting the trailer unloaded and cleaned without worrying about watching Hunter. Well, I still had a lot of work to do, so I had just left Hunter in the house and turned on a movie for him to watch. I had checked on him multiple times and he was always just playing with toys, reading books, or watching his movie. Except for this one time, I walked in the kitchen from the garage to find this scene. . .Too funny!! He loves to take everything out of the diaper bag, well I forgot that there was a bag of licorice in there. And he loves licorice. Smart kid if you ask me:)







Hey we miss you guys!! We need to get together soon! It looks like you have been keeping busy! Wow, 5 years!?!? Happy "late" anniversary from both of us! We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend!! That last pic of Hunter is so cute. But then again, they all are!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had fun! I love all the pictures, keep them coming - by the way, Clint hates all the pictures I take too! The pictures of Jorie and Hunter in their USU outfits are so cute!
ReplyDeleteMindy-
ReplyDeleteJess and Hunter are so lucky to have you. You are so sweet, and I love reading your blogs!
Can't wait to see more of the Gibbs summer adventures!