Well I can't believe it, but we've been married for 5 years!!! Our anniversary was on Thursday, June 11th. It has been such a fun journey and it just keeps getting funner and busier:)!! (I wanted to post some pictures on here from our wedding day, but I haven't got that far yet. I have to find the prints and then scan them, so if you check back, there may be some). This anniversary was the very funnest to celebrate so far, at least for me. On Wednesday afternoon, my mom watched Hunter and I was able to get my hair done. It had been so long and was much needed. Nat even curled my hair for me, so I really felt all done up:). That night we dropped Hunter off to Gentry and Tyson at their condo. Poor Gentry had all 4 wisdom teeth out just the Monday before, but she was so kind to watch Hunter for us overnight. And Hunter has had such a rough week. He's been teething and getting his "I" teeth, which are apparently the worst to get from what I hear. He never really had any problems with any of his other teeth, just a little whiney maybe, but this week has been rough. He's cried a lot, wanted to be held and loved and cuddled, slept a lot, had a fever and needed more Motrin and Tylenol than he's ever had, has really swollen gums, and now has a runny nose and a little cough. Just today I could see little white spots on his gums, so they are coming, but just taking forever. So, I was really worried that he would be a little pill for her. Monday night he went to bed at like 7:30 pm, which never happens (he usually doesn't go to bed before 10 pm-1st child), and then he woke up at 6:15 am Tuesday morning (usually he wakes up between 8-9 am). I got up and fed him some oatmeal because he didn't eat dinner the night before, so I was sure he was starving, and he was really irritable and was running a fever. I gave him some Motrin and rocked him while we watched Backyardigans, and he fell back asleep and slept until 10 am. When he woke up, he was completely fine and running around and playing like nothing was wrong. This made me feel a lot better. And Hunter was so good for Gent. So, onto our anniversary celebration. . .

Here we are in front of Gent and Tyson's condo, getting ready to go to dinner.

We checked into our room. We stayed at The Anniversary Inn in The Biker Roadhouse room. It's one of their new rooms, and this was by far our favorite room!!! I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, but you can check out the room on their website, I would highly suggest this room. There's a motorcycle, unlimited pinball machine, pool table, flat screen TV, king size bed, and a huge bubble tub (someday we'll have a big tub too. I just love them!!!). We went to dinner at The Olive Garden and it was delicious!!!!!

Here's Jess looking tough on the motorcycle. No, it's not a Harley, it's a Honda Shadow, but so cool to have a full size motorcycle in the room. Someday my dream is to have a Harley or rent one and ride through Yellowstone. That'll be a long time coming, but I can dream right?:)

Jess playing pinball. The bed is in another room, on the other side of the wall behind me, and Wednesday morning I woke up to Jess playing pinball and those dang balls are loud. He did a lot better than I did, but one time I did beat him in Pinball at Fredrico's:). I'm sure I'll never be able to do that again.

Me on the bike. . .once again, just dreaming!!

Here we are in our tie breaking game of pool. Jess won, but it was close. We checked out Wednesday morning and then went and had hour massages at Kakoi. Then we ended our alone time with lunch at Angie's!! It was delicious and soooooo much fun!! I think this year was the funnest because we don't spend time with just the two of us like we used to before having a baby. I can't imagine our lives without Hunter, but it was also really fun to spend time with just each other. Honey, I love you soooooo much!!!!! Thanks for all you do for our family and for being such a hard worker, an awesome dad, and the best hubby ever!!!!! I love you!!!!
Poor little Hunter...hope he gets those teeth in soon. Happy Anniversary to you guys. What a fun anniversary date! Isn't it funny how fast time flies.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the anniversary! I hope Hunter starts feeling better soon - not looking forward to the I-teeth situation with Carlee (she already doesn't do too well with the others!).
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! Looks like you had a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteFun fun! And I LOVE your hair!! You look really good Mindi! Are you all geared up for the race. Ha! I am pretty nervous!!!!! I am almost positive I will be the slowest on the team. At least I have a pretty good reason. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! I can't beleive it has been 5 years. CRAZY! I didn't even recognize Hunter with the new hair cut. Very cute!!I love how you call him a potlicker by the way. Classic paradise talk! lol!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the 5 years! :) The room at the anniversary looks like fun!! You look so great!!
ReplyDeleteOK Mind...you look freaking HOT! Your hair is gorgeous and I love your outfit in the top pic. So fun. Glad you had a great anniversary! Looks like it was HOT as well! wink wink ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! I haven't seen you in forever, but Hunter is so cute! Too bad he is older! Lol, you guys are so cute, hope you had a great anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Looks like you had fun.
ReplyDelete