
Well we started off the morning with the good ol Paradise Easter Egg Hunt! (well the bake sale was 1st...but we're not there early enough for that:)! But we donate baked goods so that's good in my book) Mili and Dad!

Ryan Obray, Jess, Kevin, and Big Dog!

Dad and Bunts! Yeah, it was BRIGHT:)!

Max and Grandma Carol

Time to hunt...EGGS!!:) Grandma and Grandpa Jones were here too, but I didn't get a picture with them at the beginning (the black coat is Grandma Jones). But they and Grandma Carol watched Max hunt for his while I went with Hunter.

And he did so good! He got a TON and all by himself:)!



Stepping on them looks like the funnest thing to do:)!!
I went with Hunter and his age group! Just waiting to start:)!
Hunter, Cooper, and Jorie (with Grandma Susan (Gillies) behind Cooper)
Bunts did good too!

Waiting to see if he won a prize!

And he did! Both Hunter and Max got a prize this year:)!

Then on to catch a rabbit! We had one of the rabbit's (Thumper-Jason and Lesley's that they won last year and donated back this year) at our house for about week before and the boys LOVED it! Hunter was all geared up to catch a rabbit and practiced a lot:)! He had it down this year and was so excited to catch one! Well Max went first...being in the younger group (but they had a FEW candy bars, laying on the grass, for them to run and get since they're the youngest).

While all the other kids were trying to get the candy bars on grass, Max thought "to heck with that!" He'd spotted the BOX of candy bars and new just what to do!
The little bugger grabbed a Kit-Kat and ran right back to the starting the line:)!! Smart little thing:)!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this picture:)!!
Max with his prizes and Aunt Gentry. Then they decided to let a bunny go for the 0-2 year olds to catch. Well the bunny hopped right past all the crowd and Hunter CAUGHT it!! It was even THUMPER!! But it wasn't his age group so they had him put it back down. He was completely devastated:(!! I probably should have fought for him, since he caught it when no one else could and it was getting away. Sad as he was, I think he's over it now. So maybe next year! (I chased a chicken but didn't catch one either, so I think that was a good teaching moment).
So then he tried to catch a bunny for his age group, but no luck:(! That was more sad:(. Really hard to watch your kids dissapointed and sad! But he's tough!

Then there was round 2 for Hunter's age...No luck again:(! I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger:)!

Max thoroughly enjoying his Kit-Kat with Grandpa's help:)!


The 4 of us!!:)

Later that afternoon we had a HUGE surprise...

and a mess:)! (I thought the marshmallows were bunny poop, but Hunter informed me that bunnies poop jelly beans-like in Hop!)

...the EASTER BUNNY CAME!!! And he came day early!! I was supposed to work on Easter so he brought our Easter baskets so we could find them together as a family!! Thanks Easter Bunny!!:)








No comments:
Post a Comment