Sunday, September 21, 2008

I think procrastination is my middle name

My camera is still not cooperating w/my computer, but I did get my pictures on a disc. But then, I just haven't had time to update my blog. And I had too many pics to post, so I had to post them in slideshows. Wow, a lot has happened in 6 weeks, where do I start? Jess was over in Germany for 3 weeks with the Army, for summer camp. While he was over there, he broke his ankle playing basketball. So he's got a soft cast on, can't bear weight, and is on crutches. He's been home for a week and had to go right to school when he got home. He missed the first few weeks of school, but is pretty well caught up. Yeah, we are so excited for him that this will be his last semester. We are so proud of him and all his hard work. He has had quite a journey to get through school. He has been referred to an orthopedic surgeon here in Logan and will see him this coming Monday and will most likely have surgery on Tues, but we'll find out for sure on Monday.

I have been released from calling as the 1st counselor in the YW and am now the YW secretary. I am just working full-time and being a mom. And I am sooooooo glad to have Jess home. While he was gone, our dogs escaped out of their kennel at least half of the days he was gone. One hole would get fixed, and those darn dogs would find another way out, the last time they escaped, was a year and a half ago, when Jess was gone to Montana. It only happens when he's gone. I do not like being a single mom, and I hate not having my wonderful husband home. I love him sooo much and I appreciate all his hard work!!!

Hunter is just growing like a weed. He weighs approx 18 lbs. He'll be 6 mons old next week, so we'll find out for sure at the Dr. I can't believe how fast they grow and how fast the time goes. He is sooooooo much fun. He is smiling, babbling, and laughing like crazy. He is getting better at rolling over, but mainly just from his belly to his back. He is getting close to sitting up. He is eating rice cereal so well, and has also had beans so far. He likes the beans, but it takes a few bites for him to warm up. He usually makes a bitter face w/the first bite. He so cute, we just can't get enough of him!!!

12 comments:

  1. Way cute pics, I'm copying a few so thanks! And I like the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I was so excited to see that you updated!! Hunter is so stinking cute!!! That picture you have labeled "Just a swingin'" made me laugh, I can hear Jess being his goofy self, imitating that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter is adorable! I love his hair and his cute faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty and Hunter will for sure have to buddy up. It's funny how things work out. Sammie is the only girl her age as well but she tags along with Riley and her friends/cuz pretty good. Good luck with surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it is about time! :) I cannot believe how curly his hair is. I love it!! He sure is a ladies man. What a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable! I think he looks more and more like Jess every day! Good luck on your surgery Jess - you'll need to be all healed up so you guys can FINALLY take a trip up here after our baby is born - add one more to Hunter's list of women!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know that you are alive and doing well! SO...how did you survive with Jesse being gone? Is it time for some Mindi time?!!!?!?! When Kylee was 4months old Jeremy went away for 4 weeks and I thought I was going to die. My heart goes out to you! I too don't know how single moms do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it is nice to have Jess home, but it is a bummer that he is injured! Hopefully all goes well with the surgery. No more basketball Jess, it doesn't seem to agree with you!

    Hunter is cute as ever. He looks so grow up! I can't believe he is almost 6 months old. Love the curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am dying here. I can't believe how cute Hunter is and how much he has grown. His hair is killer...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those curls are killer, what a cute little buy. and by the way procrastination is my first name not middle. cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute blog! I just started mine and it's been fun! Your little boy is such a cutie! He's grown soo much since we saw you at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe he is 6 months! Ahh! So freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete