Saturday, September 24, 2011

LOVE THEM!!

September 7th, Hunter and Jorie had pre-school. We got to take Jorie cause Jen was carless. It was so fun!! Hunter has really missed Jorie coming to our house! There's many a morning he'll wake up and ask "is Jorie coming today?" It kinda breaks my heart...knowing he misses her so much! Well we had Jorie come play for the afternoon and it was so much fun! These two are so full of it! They played hard and took a break to enjoy a popsicle and an ice cream sandwich! Jorie's showing me her purple tongue and Bunts showing his chocolate, ice cream hands:)!



Yay!!!! We also got our curbing done today!! It's coming along...one baby step at a time:)! The guys started about 2ish and left abour 4 pm. Jess got home about 6 and we were just getting ready to head to Alisha Norman's reception.


Hunter came and asked me, "Can I go outside and look at the dirt with Dad?"

Me: "Sure, get your shoes on quick"

So I did a couple things and then walked out to the front porch to talk to Jess, see how his day was, how he liked the curbing, etc. Then I realized Hunter was M.I.A.! Jess hadn't seen him! (the panic set in:)! I called for him but no answer, ran inside-no answer, saw the back door was not closed quite tight-(thought I had left it open, shut it tight and locked it:)), kept looking for Bunts in the bedrooms.....then the light turned on!!-it takes longer and longer to do that as time passes:)! I ran out the back door and Hunter is STANDING on the newly poured curbing about 30 feet down it!! I SERIOUSLY about DIED!! (I thought Jess knew Hunter was coming outside, and never even worried he'd touch the cement since I had just told him a little earlier we had to stay off of it). So I nicely and quickly told him to STOP and get off the cement and onto the dirt IMMEDIATELY!!! My neighbors (and our houses aren't super close:)) might have heard me to nicely tell him to get off:).
These pictures don't do justice to what it REALLY looked like! But as he walked along it, his foot would slip because the cement was still WET:)! So it wasn't just little foot prints:), it looked like little mudslides!!!




We made it to the reception and Jess patched the damaged spots as best he could (we tried to get a hold of the guys that poured it but couldn't), and it actually looked pretty darn good! People told me that someday it would be my favorite part of the cement:)! Maybe so, but not 2 hours after it was poured!:) Well it's been a couple weeks since this happened and they actually and came the other day and fixed it for free...which was SOOOO nice and I should be REALLY happy cause I was really unhappy when it happened:)! And guess what?! I was actaully sad they had broke it apart and fixed it!:) I had accepted it and actually LOVED the thought of looking at it in 10 or 20 years and laughing at that night:)!! So now all I have are some pictures and the memory:). Funny how you think you want something so bad and think some things are of such importance:)!! I'm thankful for life's little lessons that usually prepare us for bigger lessons to come:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment