Friday, September 30, 2011

1st trip to the Dentist!

We finally made a trip to the dentist, Tuesday September 13th...Their 1st visit!!! Went to Dr. Stanton Allen, a pediatric dentist in Providence, and loved him, the staff, the office! All was wonderful!! The kiddos might have felt a little differently though:)! But they're happy as can be playing with toys in the waiting room:)!!




So they have 3 tables which is great that htey can get them both done at the same time, but I was expecting one chair and planning to help 1 kid and then the other. Max did pretty goood for just a few minutes. Yes the camera bag is to distract him:)



The staff was WONDERFUL!!! Especially this girl (but I already forgot her name). She showed Max all the tools and let him touch them.



She was able to get a little cleaning done before he started sitting up and not holding still any longer:)! All during this time Hunter was sitting on the bench next to me and had no intention of laying down to get his teeth cleaned and had no interest in examinging the cleaning tools:)! I tired to sit by him, and help but he pretty much had a death grip on me so after attempting to convince, reason with, bribe, crying, etc:)...they moved us back to our own room!!:) And I'm so dang mad I never even got one picture of Hunter at least sitting on the bench. So I could hold them on my lap while they work on their teeth. So Hunter cried hard the whole way back and the whole time I was holding him and the assistant was brushing the flouride on his teeth:)...ok pretty much screaming:)! The girl brushing his teeth looked up at the other assistant who have more experience and asked "do I keep doing this if they're screaming this bad?" I really felt so bad but he survived:)! ...And nope no cleaning this visit, Hunter wouldn't have it! He finally calmed down and they found him some Cars pictures to color! And then life was good and he would talk to them:)!


But he was happy as can be after that part was over:)! Little stinker! Max did lay on the table and was hesitant at first but we quickly distracted him with the tools and she was able to clean his teeth and brush on the flouride:). But he was squirming by the end!


We did get one picture of the 3 of us. After this, Dr. Allen came in and I just held them on my lap again. Worked like a charm! They both were SO stinkin good for the dentist and let him "count their teeth" and was able to scrape some tartar off Hunter's teeth! I had my camera out to have the assistant take a picture and of both of them and then I kinda chickened out/didn't want to be a bother. I was so mad at myself that whole day and I almost took them back in the office to see if they would reinact their check-up with Dr. Allen so I could get a picture:)!! I know, I'm CRAZY!! But they only have 1 1st dentist visit and they really were both so dang good by the end:)!! I refrained and have gotten over that now. So I guess I'll try to get pictures at their 2nd visit:)! No cavities. Tried to talk Hunter into getting pictures of his teeth...lost that one:)! Max does have harder teeth like Jess and Hunter has softer teeth like me. So he put Max into mild risk for cavities and Hunter into Moderate. Hopefully we'll just avoid those all together:)! See ya in 6 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment