

We went to Hogle Zoo last weekend w/Grandma Carol, Aunt Gentry, Tyson, Tracen, and Trevor. It was so fun. Hunter slept through a lot of it, but I think he really liked the train ride. Doesn't he look cute with his elephant hat on? After the zoo, we went to lunch at Ruby River, then on to The Gateway and Target for some shopping!! It was such a fun day!!! Thanks for

So this picture of me is absolutely disgusting, but it's my proof of all my hard work. A few saturdays ago, Jess decided we, well me, should go pick all our pumpkins. He was in a biggest pumpkin contest, so he planted some seeds for some big pumpkins. So, we go out, Jess was my moral support through all this w/the crutches and all, and we were going to pull the little work truck into the field, so we could load up our pumpkins, well, the battery was dead, so we finally jump the battery w/my car and Jess drives the truck into the field and parks it next to the garden, turns it off and then tries to restart it. Guess what, the battery was dead. So, we first worried about load up all the pumpkins and were then going to worry about the dead battery. So we really looked like white trash, as you can see by my attire, and because it was raining, our truck was dead, he was on crutches and I was trying to lift wet, slippery pumpkins that weighed as much as me into the truck. I handled most of the pumpkins alright, but there were a handful that were very large and I was literally grunting as I tried to lift them. Jess just sat in the truck and watched and had some pretty good laughs. He told me he really would love to be helping me. I told him I knew that, but I could tell he was thoroughly enjoying himself. He didn't argue. I finally got the big pumpkins into the truck, but Jess had to walk away while I was trying, because he would just make me laugh everytime I started lifting a heavy pumpkin and then we'd both laugh and I would lose my grip or drop the pumpkin. I ended up rolling the great big pumpkins to the truck and then I had to do a mind over matter thing to be able to lif tthem. So, we may have looked like white trash, but at least we were laughing. It was quite an experience. And to top it all off, we had to tow the truck out of the field w/our 4wheeler. Any way, here's the end result. I think it turned out quite cute. I think we had about 22 pumpkins or so. I think next year, we want to have a pumpkin patch. I'm okay w/that as long as Jess isn't on crutches!!! :)



Here's Hunter and Jorie. We were hanging out at Kevin and Jen's the other night and we layed these two down to take a picture w/their matching pumpkin slippers. They layed there forever and just had a whole conversation. One would talk and then the other, it was so funny!!!
What's up homey? (okay, I have no idea how to spell that). Here's Hunter just hangin' w/Aunt Gentry and Tyson

So, for those of you who don't know, Jess had surgery on his ankle about a month ago, on September 25. He's been non-weight bearing and on crutches since and he can't wait to get rid of his crutches. He said when he's done w/the crutches, he's going to take them up to the gravel pits and shoot them. He's getting along pretty well and he's really good at hopping. So, here's the before surgery picture and the end result. He went to the Dr. today and
he said he could bear wt as tolerated, and he should be rid of his crutches in a week. At least he gets a handicap parking pass for his last semester of school. I'm pretty sure breaking your ankle isn't worth that, but some good has to come out of it, right?
he said he could bear wt as tolerated, and he should be rid of his crutches in a week. At least he gets a handicap parking pass for his last semester of school. I'm pretty sure breaking your ankle isn't worth that, but some good has to come out of it, right?






No comments:
Post a Comment