Max turned 2 weeks old on Wednesday, May 5th!!! He had his 2 week check-up, which we were 20 minutes late for!!! Their policy is to reschedule if more than 15 minutes late, but the MA told me they expect people to be late the first 2 visits with a newborn, how sad is that!!!! They were nice enough to still fit us in!! Everything checked out great with Max!!! Here's his stats: weight 7 lbs 8 oz (17%), height 20.5 inches (43%), and head circ 13.7 inches (12%). His cord is getting really close to falling off, so that's good. The only thing he noticed was a very very faint heart murmur. Dr. Visick said he really had to convince himself that he could hear one and said we'd just keep watching it. So he told me if Max is breathing really fast or working to breath, we need to bring him in. So that's a little nerve racking!! I just pray that the murmur will resolve and he won't have any problems!!!! Can you believe I didn't even take a picture of Max? I can't either!! I'll get some more on here!! So the Dr. was pretty good for Max, but not so good for Hunter!!! He had to get his two year old shots!! He never got them at his 2 year old appointment because he was a little sick, so we held off. Since we were at the Dr. it was a perfect time to get them done!! He had to get 2 in the left leg and 1 in the right! He cried, but was okay after I held him for a minute. I felt so bad, because he had no idea it was coming, maybe I should have warned him. He's never had problems with shots, but he was SOOOOOO sore after these. He fell asleep in my car afterwards while we were doing errands and after about an hour, we got to my parent's house and I got him out of his carseat to go in the house and he just stood there, liek he couldn't walk. I carried him in and he just kept saying owie, owie and wanted to be held. I gave him some Ibuprofen my mom had and that seemed to help after a bit. But he was walking around like an old man, holding on to things as he walked. And he was limping pretty good!! It just made me want to cry for him!!! I medicated him with ibuprofen and acetominophen yesterday (since tylenol and motrin have been recalled) and a little today and he is doing much better tonight!! He was wrestling with Jess, so that's a good sign!!!

Max did get his very first mail on Wednesday!!!



Your boys are so cute! Max is so precious! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteI had a lot to catch up on...I'd missed a few posts :) He is so dang cute! I am sad I'm not there to visit you. I am glad you are feeling well, just don't over do it too much :) I am so excited to see the newborn pics. Both boys are just too cute!
ReplyDeleteIt is scary when newborns have bad news from teh drs. Bridger was having little muscle tremmors the day after we brought him home from teh hospital. We rushed to the ER and they told us it was a normal thing. So $250 and a lot of tears later things were ok. I'm sure Max will be fine and I really like his name by the way. It's cute and manly at the same time. Enjoy your boys!
ReplyDeleteMindee, so glad to hear everything went well. Your boys are so handsome (if that's how you spell it). Email me your email at pearce7@aol.com and I can add you as a reader to littleguy01.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete