Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SOLD!!!!!!!!!

We've had a VERY busy and EXCITING last two weeks, hence why I haven't blogged!!! Jess called me three Mondays ago (May 10, 2010) while I was enjoying my time at home (after having a busy weekend cleaning apartments) with Hunter and Max in our jammies and thinking about updating our blog! He told me that the buyers of our home were closing on that Wednesday, the 12th and wanted to take possession Friday morning, the 14th!!!! We recieved an offer on our house the beginning of April, but I didn't want to post anything until it was official for fear that I would jinx it and it would fall through. We counteroffered and they accepted our counteroffer if we would pay for an inspection to be done on our house. We agreed and the inspection was done the Friday before we had Max. So from then until the day we closed we were just waiting on their bank and underwriter to finalize everything. When we got the news about closing, we rounded up boxes from where ever we could get them from (a BIG thanks to everyone who donated them and for all the help of family and friends). Monday night Jess loaded up a trailer he borrowed from his sister with a bunch of stuff from our shed. Jess took off the last half of the day on Tuesday and picked up another trailer from a guy in my parent's ward and we really loaded it up on Tuesday with lots of help from our family. Tuesday night we were so tired and Jess was still going a hundred miles an hour and about 11:00 p.m., yes we were all still awake, I just sat and held Hunter and Max and we rocked and watched the news and I just bawled!!! (I know that's hard to believe) I just couldn't believe it was our last night in our home!! It was a bittersweet thing to know we sold our house. It was a HUGE blessing and a BIG relief since we are building a home, but so sad at the same time because that was our first home we owned, Hunter and Max's first home, and we just have so many wonderful memories there (good thing we can take the memories with us) and we had the best neighbors (sure wish we could take them with us)!! Gentry watched Hunter on Wednesday so we could get more packing done!! We officially closed on our house at 3 p.m. on Wednesday the 12th of May!!!!! We went back to my parent's house where we had the trailer and Jess and my Dad made sure it wasn't too wet/muddy to get the trailer to their basement garage (it rained all week it seemed like, so the ground was very wet). We got it all unloaded and then headed back out to Paradise to get all the big stuff. Thursday we finished moving everything out around midnight with more help from my Dad and Carol, and Holly watched Bunts for us which was a HUGE help (his very favorite thing was to try to run away and he likes to run into the road, I swear there's a kid magnet in the roads)!! Jess had a few things to finish up after work at the house on Friday after work. We met the new owners at the house about 7 p.m. on Friday, May 14th 2010 to give them the keys, show them a few things, and turn the house over to them!!!
Mom and Max posing for one last picture!!! I love that he's kind of smiling!


And here's our cute family all together in front of the house (look how big Hunter's getting! I can't believe it)!! We're REALLY going to miss this place, but we're excited for what the future holds!!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Isn't funny how having a baby make your older child look so much bigger?? It's like they grew ten years while you were away in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely know what you're talking about with the kid magnets in the roads - Carlee has the same attraction for some reason! Good luck with the new house building, we're jealous!

    ReplyDelete