Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hunter's very own pool!!!! - Tuesday July 21st

I got this pool for Hunter at Walmart. It's a lot smaller than I expected, but it's perfect for him. So, it took me like 45 minutes to get this blown up WITH an air compressor. I don't know why I tell people these things, but I've got to tell someone. New joke: How do you keep a blonde (or Mindi) entertained after telling her to inflate a kids pool wiht an air compressor? Don't tell her there's a quick air release valve that not plugged. ha ha ha. Okay, after I inflated this and the air would go right back out, I really did look everywhere for some type of open valve or something, and finally after the 3rd try, I found the problem. Good thing Hunter was asleep when I was doing this, or he would have been sick of waiting for me. Hunter loves the bathtub, but is otherwise not too fond of the water. He did like boating and kicking his feet in the water, but he did not like to actually be in the water. You know when the cold water hits your belly, I think that's what he doesn't like. So, I was weary if he would even like this pool. He was pretty slow to warm up to it, but he finally did. First he had to check it out. The little blue whale is a slide (and he LOVES slides), so I helped him go down it and then pulled him out of the water a few times really quickly to help him get used to the water. That wasn't working, so I just let him do his own thing.

He finally splashed for a little while

Then he got brave enough to sit on the edge and bounce up and down



Then he walked from the edge over the deeper pool and was feeling pretty confident, but never got into the other side.



I helped him go down the slide again once he was used to the water, and then he just wanted to keep doing it. He climbed up with a little help:)

And he just laughed sitting at the top and after he would go down. He was pretty unstable at first when going down, but now he can go down all by himself. The only downer of the day was Hunter burned his poor little feet. I don't know if you can really tell, but behind and to Hunter's right, there's a meter like cover that's metal, and he was just walking around the grass and I saw him stop and stand there. But it didn't dawn on me until he just started to scream. I felt sooo bad. We hurried and put his feet in the water and after a couple minutes he was fine, but I still felt sooo bad.

Jess, here's another video. I hope this one works and I hope the other one will work for you too. This one's of Hunter going down the slide by himself. He's not really laughing once he goes down, but he was laughing dang hard until I pulled the camera out, and don't mind my squeaky voice:)

6 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I'm glad he finally got brave enough to get in, because if it was me and I had spent so much time blowing the dang thing up and he didn't like it, I wouldn't be too happy... :) I'm glad you figured out the air release valve, it probably would have taken me a lot longer than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Jess loves the videos and all the pics. And we are all benefiting from you posting more often too! :) That looks like a pretty sweet pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pool is SO cute!!! Hunter is such a doll and getting so big!! Can we please get together sometime soon? We haven't seen you guys forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pool! We're gonna have to invest in something else because the small plastic circle one we have just isn't cutting it for Riley these days. I guess she is 5 1/2. :) So I'm hoping to hit an end of summer sale and get one of those bit blow up rectangle ones that my kids can actually SWIM in. Not just sit around and splash. We'll save the small pool for the little tyke. Have a great weekend! (almost) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now that is a fancy pool! Lucky Hunter!!!

    ReplyDelete