Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday!!!!!!

Well we started the most WONDERFUL day of the year EARLY this year!! My alarm was set for 1:50 am!!! I wasn't going to go to bed, but being pregnant I didn't think that was very smart, and I was supposed to work at 7 am! I picked up Gentry at 2:30 and we met Jen at Old Navy! I drove separate from Jen just in case I ended up working. I had requested Thanksgiving morning, but don't know if I'll be cut or on-call until abotu 6 am, so I had to plan on it. We got some great deals! I was most excited about some new maternity jeans that were only $13.??, regularly $35. Maternity pants are what they are, but they're much better than my old ones. A girl passed out while we were in line at Old Navy, I found out she was pregnant. The employees gave her some water and I gave her some fruit snacks, it was all I had but at least it was something right? She probably thought I was crazy. Jen and Gentry said I had fullfilled my nursing duties for the day:)!
Then it was off to Kohl's at 4 am!! Here we are in line!! I'm tired, pale, and once again my plump face!! I'm pretty sure it's just the camera:)!!

We we were walking to get in line, we were excited that it wasn't over to K-Mart's doors like it was last year, but then we saw this line. It was wrapped clear around the side of Kohl's, it went fast though. We had tons of laughs and someone in line definitely at too much turkey!! We went to Sam's at 5 am and poor Gentry couldn't come in. Each person had to have a membership card. There was a couple in front of us and behind us, and the husband of one and the wife of the other couldn't go in either! I thought that was retarded!! We were fast though! We hit Al's at about 5:20 and that was a LONG line! I found out I was on-call and didn't have to go in to work, so that was soooo GREAT!! Then we went to Shopko and decided we'd come back since there were plenty of what we wanted and the line was like a 45 min wait. Went to Freddy's and then to Angie's for some YUMMY breakfast!!!! Back to Shopko and then Jen had to go home. Gentry and I decided to battle the LONG line at Bath and Body, but it went quicker than we thought!! I picked up Hunter from Carol's abotu 10:30 am and was so ready for nap time but Hunter wasn't! Shelley called me from the hospital at 1:45 pm and cut me for the rest of my shift. I was so thankful that I didn't have to work and that I was cut for the rest of the day!! So Hunter and I had a nice nap. I usually like to put up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, but I was way too tired!!

Oh and here was our adventure for the day!! Gentry and I found this moose shed laying in the middle of the intersection on Main street and 2nd North in Logan at 2:30 AM, so we turned around since there wasn't traffic and she jumped out and picked it up!! Who'd of thought!! It was cracked, but oh well. It's not every day you see a moose shed on Main Street!!


Jess and Hunter playing later that night!! Jess would put Hunter in this empty diaper box and say "where's Hunter?" Then he'd put the box down and Hunter would just laugh!!
I love this picture of him!! It looks like he's scaring us!!! Hunter's been saying so many new things these last couple weeks! Some of them (and I may have already written some of them) are: saying repeatedly "Hi, bye while waving", cracker, door, sock, shoe, Tys, horsey, pig, toys, duck, baby, cheese and that's all I can think of right now. He such a cute little mutt!! And he's FULL OF IT!! We just love him!! Gent and Tys came over Friday night and we watched Twilight. Gent hadn't seen it and I needed a refresher. Now we're ready for New Moon!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun shopping! I'm not shocked someone passed out in old navy...the line there was FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete