We had a WONDERFUL and EVENTFUL Halloween weekend!!!
Here's Hunter and Jorie all ready to go trick-or-treating in the mall!! Don't they look excited!! Jen and I started off the day by taking the kids to the mall to go trick-or-treating. I think Hunter had fun, but I'm pretty sure I had more fun! I've been trying to teach him to say trick-or-treat, but no success. (He also started saying pumpkin "a pun-tice" (with big eyes and excitement when he sees them) on Thursday night at Grandma Carol's. He climbed up on her barstool all by himself, to get some candy corn and pumpkins and started saying "pun-tice.") He did understand to take a piece of candy and put it in his bucket though. It was fun to watch him and see him know to do that. Jen and I visited her mom at Shopko, and then we had a YUMMY lunch at Juniper Take-Out. We wanted to take the kids trick-or-treating on Main Street, but they were done, well mostly Hunter. He was so tired and was asleep after just a few minutes in the car after lunch.

After Hunter's nap, we got all dressed up again to go trick-or-treating again. The day Hunter will smile and pose for a picture will be a glorious day, but until then this is what you get:-)!!! He's cute no matter what!! He loved holding his pumpkin bucket! I'm not really sure what he was for Halloween, bad mom huh? I had said he was a dinosaur, but he was also called a dragon, a lizard, a green monster off of Shrek, and I think there was one more, so take your pick!!

A view from the back!

I just thought this was a cute picture with his "pun-tice" bucket in one hand and a sucker in the other. Those suckers were by far his favorite choice if he could choose, but he he only eats them for a minute or two, and then they just end up stuck to something. We were on our way to see dad across the street. Jess was working over at our neighbor's, The Sackett's, helping a bunch of wonderful people finish building a fence that was started by Kev. We have such wonderful neighbor's all around, one happens to be The Sackett's, who are the most wonderful people. Kevin passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 49, after a courageous 10 month battle with pancreatic cancer. Kevin is and will be missed always. His wife Cindy is such a wonderful woman, and we hope we can be there for her for whatever she needs. Kev had started building a fence around their yard, but wasn't able to finish it. It was so neat to see how many wonderful people have been working diligently to finish this task. We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful place!!

We headed to Grandpa and Grandma Joneses and had some yummy BBQ's and other yummy food. Hunter got a cool pumpkin light that flashes and he can turn it on and off all by himself! This is his surprise face and he does it everytime he turns it on!! We got to see Jer and Ton, but we missed Jason and Les this year.

We then hurried back home for Trunk-or-Treat. I'm not so much a fan, but we wanted to take Hunter. He had fun for a bit, but then he got cold and sick of walking around I think. We went through eight bags of candy in 15 minutes!! What happened to the good old days?!!! I'm going to work on no more trunk-or-treat! Then we went to Grant and Carol's and got more yummy treats and got to see Gent and Tys. Out last stop was to Great-Grandma Joneses. I slacked on the pictures in the evening, but we sure had fun!! Then we went over to Craig Olsen's for just a bit. We got home about 11 p.m. and I was so tired and had to work in the morning. Thank goodness for daylight savings! I took Hunter in the house and was heading back out to the car to carry in all our treasures. To my surprise, their were 2 little kittens in our laundry room standing by our door. I thought for sure Jess put them in there as a joke, but he had no idea what I was talking about. We found out who was behind this little fiasco, but we showed them to Hunter before we took them to their owners. The first thing Hunter did was pick one of them up by his neck. Jess managed Hunter while I grabbed the camera. Here's just a few pictures.

Hunter squeezed one of them and it's meowed really loud and Hunter laughed so dang hard!! We had to try to teach him to be nice.


He thought they were pretty funny!!

We let them walk around the kitchen for a bit while Jess was figuring out who was behind this, and Hunter kicked one in the head and stepped on the other one's paw. I'm pretty sure we're not ready for a little pet. Hopefully this isn't how he responds to a new baby!! Hunter kind of didn't pay as much attention to them after a bit. We warmed up a little milk and fed them, and they were thirsty. While they were drinking, Hunter was sitting on the kitchen floor eating part of his leftover grilled cheese sandwhich. He had his legs spread and his sippy in between his legs. One of the kittens was done drinking and started walking towards Hunter to climb on his leg, but Hunter immediately put his hand out to push the kitten away and said, "No, No, No!!" He knows how to say this very well!!! We're working on sharing. But, it was so dang funny!! He was not about to share with those kittens!! Jess found out who the kittens belonged to, and returned them, I guess they had wandered and were just right by our fence a little earlier that evening.

And look at all that loot!!! What a haul for a 19 month old!! And none of that's from Jess and I. What a cute spoiled little potlicker, who doesn't like to smile for the camera. Our eventful weekend didn't end there!! Jess had been working at the neighbor's house all day mixing cement and had been around welding all day, but he wasn't actually welding and never looked at the light from the welder. His eyes were burning after he got done, but we just thought it was from the cement powder or something. Anyway, he woke me up around 3 a.m. and said he had to go to the ER. He said he couldn't even open his eyes they hurt so bad and told me if he wasn't back by the time I had to go to work, just to take Hunter to his mom's. I LOVE my independent husband:-)!! So, I jumped out of bed and we kind of got ready. I grabbed the diaper bag and then got Hunter out of bed and we dropped him off at Carol and Grant's. Luckily he went right back to sleep. I woke them up to let them know Hunter was there, and we were going to the ER. We are so blessed to have our family's close by! The whole way to the ER, I was just praying that everything would be okay and that Jess wasn't blind. Turns out Jess did have a couple scratches on his right eye, and had flash burn from the welder. They gave him some numbing drops and as soon as they gave those to him, he could open his eyes and he could SEE!!!! I made him read stuff in the room to make sure he could see! So, they gave him some pain medicine and some antibiotic drops and said to give it about 24 to 48 hours. He's doing much better! But that was one scary night!!! I ended up being on call Sunday, so that was a blessing. I woudld have been dead tired by 8 p.m.
That is so funny with the kitty! I think Rylee would act the same way. All the dogs around in Oregon, she tries to pull thier hair. I'm not a fan of trunk or treat either. I decided to skip that and stay home, thinking we'd get a ton in our appt complex, nope! We only had TWO!!! I was ticked. Oh, and my dad had his eyes burned like that last year. He had to wear a protective contact because it burnt so bad! Crazy boys. Well, sorry I wrote a novel. Glad to see you had a Happy Halloween. Rylee got a ton too and guess who has to eat it all...ME!! :)
ReplyDeleteFlash burn sucks! If he gets it ever again a slice of potato also helps...don't ask why. My hubby is a welder and has had flash burn and metal dug out of his eye a few too many times. It's scary but luckily doesn't last long. Hunter looked so cute in his costume!
ReplyDeleteHunter looks cute all dressed up. Glad to see you had a fun Halloween! We're happy to hear that Jess will be ok...things like that are so scary! Cute kittens...Autumn and River want one so bad!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Halloween! I'm with you on the trunk or treat. I takes the excitement out of trick-or-treating and it seems like I have to buy SO much candy to even make it through one. Our trunk or treat was out of control too with tons of kids that I've never seen before. Next year I say we have a private trunk or treat with our friends and have all our trunks decorated and vote for a winner (who gets a prize of course).
ReplyDeleteAnd you are lookin' way good for 14 weeks. I can't even tell your pokin' out! Glad your feeling better!
What a cute little guy. That is scary about Jesse but glad he is ok! And you are looking good! I am jealous! :)
ReplyDelete