Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The beginning of our Easter weekend-Friday

Baby Animal Days

Friday, April 10, 09 Hunter and I headed to Baby Animal Days, a must in the Spring, at Jensen Historical Farm. We went with Jen, Jorie, and Susan (Jen's mom). There were so many people there, so it was a good thing we left the dad's at home.

Hunter in the stroller waiting in line


Jorie and Hunter. Isn't she such a little poser. Hunter could have cared less that I wanted a picture! I think his dad had him trained. I've got to practice getting him to like the camera better, j/k. He was really just tired.


Hunter and mom in front of a mighty big oxen.


There was a little goat tied up to this fence, Hunter liked to look at it, and I'm pretty sure he would have tried to crawl after it.


Jorie and Hunter by the goat.


I just really liked this picture.


Grandma Susan (Jen's mom) bought some yummy homemade sugar donuts and was so nice to share. I think Hunter ate 3 of them. He had sugar all over him, and was having a grand ol' time!



Hunter and I had to leave a little early, because we were going to lunch with my friend Kathryn, who I found out at lunch is going to have a baby!! (Kate and Danny, we are so excited for you!!) So, we skipped lunch and while Jen and Susan were eating lunch, Hunter and I stopped for some pictures in these wagons on our way to see the rest of the baby animals. I didn't get any pictures with Hunter and the animals because I was by myself and Hunter was tired and not too into sitting in a pen w/some animals so I could take a picture. But, he did like to look at them. I think the calves were his favorite ones. Jen did get a picture of him and the bunnies. I tried to get him to hold one, but he didn't want anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it a lot more next year!

As we were walking back out to our car out in the north 40, (we had to park out in the field, because there were so many people there) I had Hunter in the stroller, but not buckled in, and he hadn't been buckled in all day, because I had been getting him in and out of the stroller to look at the animals. I was in a hurry to get to the car, because I was meeting Kate for lunch, and of course I was running behind, so I was walking fast. I was in between 2 cars and all of a sudden, my stroller just stopped and I thought the tire must have been caught on something. So I pulled the stroller back and tried to push it forward, but it still wouldn't move, I looked in front of the stroller to see what was in the way, and there was Bunty laying on the ground on his belly, just looking up at me like "what is going on". The poor kid slipped out the front of the stroller and then I tried to run over him apparently. He didn't cry or get hurt or anything, but I felt so bad. I seriously couldn't believe that happened. So, I carried him the rest of the way to the car:)


Dying Easter Eggs
Friday night, Gent and Tys came over and we had dinner and dyed 9 dozen Easter eggs, some for the Paradise Easter Egg Hunt and some just to have. It was such a fun night!!
Tyson is one of Hunter's best friends. He just loves Tyson and so do we.

We had to get one picture of Hunter dying eggs before he went to bed, but it was about a catastrophe with all the newspaper and dye on the table.

Jess, Tyson, and Gent


And here's our finished products!! We thought they turned out pretty cute! Thanks for coming over guys. It was was fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice easter eggs - I wish we would have dyed some! Hunter's adorable and I think those pictures of him in the wagon are so cute!

    ReplyDelete