Thursday, April 30, 2009

St. George!!

Well, we decided it was time to get out of the cold weather and take a trip. So, we headed down to sunny St. George the weekend after Easter. Dustin, Sheena, Bridger, and Brody and Craig and Julie went with us. We left Thursday about noon, and it was snowy and cold! The drive down wasn't too bad, but it did snow occasionally. Grant and Carol were so nice to let us stay in their home. We got settled in and headed to the grocery store, so we could get some milk for Hunter. Craig and Julie met us at the trusty old Walmart, and then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse! It was delicious! We went back to the house and just hung out, and Dustin and Sheena made it there pretty late. The next day we got up and headed to Zion's National Park. Most everyone hadn't been there, and it has been ALONG time since I have! It was absolutely beautiful. I wish we would have been able to spend more time there.
We didn't realize we had to ride the tram to get to the major trails so we stopped at this spot and ate lunch. Then headed back down to catch the tram. Here's our little family.


Brody and Hunter! They were such little buddies on the trip. It was so much fun to watch them. Hunter loved Brody so much! He loves having kids around to play with!!


And Hunter again. It was nice in St. George, but it was pretty chilly in the park.

Here everyone is waiting for the tram. From left to right: Dustin, Sheena, Bridger(behind Sheena), Brody, Craig, Hunter, Jess, and Julie.


This is not the best picture, but here we all are on our way up to the trails. I'm pretty sure everyone was ready to kill me with and camera, and this was only our first full day:).


Hunter and Brody on their own seats. Hunter thought he was pretty cool. He is getting so big!


Just enjoying a little licorice. Mmm treats, isn't that what vacations are all about?


Hunter and Dad


Mom and Hunter


The three of us on the trail, with some tall cliffs behind us. It was beautiful. We didn't do any major hikes, because we had 3 strollers, so we just chose trails with stroller paths.


Down by the river. We saw a handful of people hiking in the river, out of the canyon, with drysuits on. Burrrr. It was pretty dang cold being dry. I was really wishing I had my sweats and I wished I would have brought Hunter's blanket. I ended up putting my jacket on his legs and around his body to keep him warm. Yep, it was pretty darn chilly.


Mom and Hunter


Hunter standing by the river. We had so much fun, but next time we'll dress warmer. That night we stopped at The Pizza Factory for some yummy dinner!! Then home to bed, because we were all pooped.

Saturday the guys got up and headed to Mesquite to The Oasis Gun Club. It's a skeet shooting place and it is a lot of fun. Jess and I have gone to it the last couple times we've been to St. George/Mesquite. Us girls just hung out with the kids. Saturday afternoon, we went swimming. The pool we went to was pretty cool. There was a ton to do for all ages, from little baby jumpers in the kiddie pool to a pretty big water slide. The pool was mainly covered, so this was a good and a bad thing. I was hoping to play in the water and get some sun, but it was nice to not have to worry about the kids getting burned. None of you probably noticed from this picture, but I really think I'm losing my mind. I had everything packed and ready to go from the house, and when we got to the pool, I realized I had left Hunter's swim suit at the house. Jess and I both had ours on, so that was a good thing. Thank goodness Sheena was prepared and had a swim diaper we could borrow, and then we had to buy a plastic swim diaper to go over his diaper and he was supposed to have a swimsuit, but I'm retarded and forgot that part.


Jess taking Hunter down the little kid slide. Hunter loved it.



His favorite thing of all was these jumpers. He had a hay day in them.


The boys and the dads


The water was really shallow, so Hunter was able to sit in it and crawl around in it. He loved it!


Here's the kiddo's after swimming hard.


I tried to get Hunter to wear these sunglasses, but we compromised with them on his head. He was pretty tuckered out.


This is the area outside of the pool. There's a sidewalk fountain that people can play in and places to just relax and layout.

Sunday, it was beautiful outside! I wanted to get some cute pictures of Hunter while we were down there, but I didn't even get any by anything St. Georgey, like palm trees. Oh well. This picture just has mischief written all over it:)


This is Hunter's gorilla crawl/walk. He usually does this when he doesn't have something covering his knees and he's on a hard surface. At home he does it a lot on our tile. I think it's too funny.


As you can tell, he loved the rocks!

And what a cute little stink pot, isn't he? Okay I'm biased I know, but oh my gosh, I JUST LOVE HIM!!! He is so much fun!!!! Dustin and Sheena and the boys headed home around noonish on Sunday and Craig and Julie were deciding if they were going to head home or stay one more night. So, Jess, Hunter, and I headed to In and Out Burger for lunch!! I love this place, and I'm so excited it's at least in St. George. The last time we came down was last November, and we never at there, so Jess knew it was on the to do list. It was crowded as ever, and Jess had some major anxiety due to the fact that there was nine million people and we barely found a seat once we got our food!! I love the crowds, it was so much fun!

Craig and Julie decided to stay one more night, so Sunday afternoon, we headed to Snow Canyon!! We've never been there before, so it was really fun! However, (yep losing my mind). I had my tennis shoes that I was going to change into once we got to the park, but I left forgot them at the house. And then we borrowed Jeremy and Tonya's backpack carrier, but I didn't even think twice about bring that. We had it at Zion's but we just did stroller trails, well, there are no strooler trails in Snow Canyon (at least where we were). So, I hiked in flip flops and Jess and Craig took turns carrying Hunter. What an experience. One day I'm going to be organized and on time!! Are you all laughing? That will forever be one of my goals.
Hunter on top of a big rock/hill that we climbed up

Jess, Hunter, and I.


Craig and Julie


This was about half way down the rock. I just thought the way this rock was is pretty cool. It's not quite as steep as this picture portrays.


After getting home from Snow Canyon, we decided we better use the backpack carrier after we borrowed it and brought it with us. So we went for a little walk through the neighborhood. Hunter loved being up in where he could see everything that was going on. I was so mad we didn't have it with us, but oh well. Thanks Jer and Ton for letting us borrow it. We had such a fun trip and the weather was absolutely wonderful!!! I think the only thing we didn't do was go to Nielson's Frozen Custard. It's my favorite treat in St. George. There's always next time. Thanks again Carol and Grant for letting us stay in the house! It was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend!! You are funny Mindi. ha ha. I love Neilson's Frozen Custard too. I have never been to the one in St. George just in Bountiful. (I think that is where it is....) but it is very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pics! I used to go on rockclimbing trips with my Dad to Snow Canyon a lot when I was younger and have a lot of fond memories of that place. Looks like you guys had a ball! Why can't we have a pool like that up here. NICE!

    ReplyDelete