Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hunter's 1st Birthday PaRtY!!!

I know I've been a slacker again on posting. And once again be prepared for lots of pictures:) Hunter's Birthday was Sunday, March 29th, I know over a week ago. We had such a fun day, but I'm pretty sure Hunter knew it was his birthday 'cause he was a little stinker!:) It was Sunday morning and I was trying to get dinner and get his cake made, or at least started, before church started so Jess was taking care of Hunter! Well, he would not eat his breakfast and he always eats better for Jess. Then he had a gross poopy diaper which he proceeded to go for the grab and got his hands all poopy, so he had to have a quick bath before church. We rarely make it to church on time anyway (always my fault), but we were supposed to say the prayers in Sacrament Meeting, so we HAD to be there on time! We made it with 5 minutes to spare!!! All through church Hunter was a little wiggle worm, was noisy, and was a little entertainer to the people behind us. He'd get fussy so we give him his bottle. He'd drink it for a minute or two and then just chuck it. I put him on the ground to stand at the bench, and immediately he would sit down and try to crawl under the bench, he's never tried that one before. Anyway, it was a long morning, and then I cut his morning nap short so he'd take a good early afternoon nap and be ready to go for his party at 5:30 pm. Well he really didn't end up getting very much of any type of nap, but was pretty darn happy for his party! All in all it was a good day, but we definitely encountered terrible one's that morning!! But of course we LOVE him no matter what!!!!


Here's the birthday boy just waiting for people to arrive. . .


Hunter and Great-Grandma Jones


Enjoying some yummy Lasagna, Green Salad, Homemade Breadsticks, Green Beans, and Frozen Fruit Salad! It really was delicious. Thanks so much Mom, Carol, and Gentry for all you help with the food!! And thanks for the offers to help Tonya, Lesley, Holly, and Grandma. This was the first time Hunter had Lasagna and he LOVED it!!! This is only the second time I've ever made it, but this time I actually knew how to make it and had a recipe to follow. So, I'll definitely make this dish more often.

I tried to get a picture of Hunter eating dinner, but he was not about to look at the camera, so I gave up.




Here's the birthday boy with his cakes! I made one for him and then just a plain one for everyone else to eat!

Singing Happy Birthday!! He wasn't quite sure what to think, but he did smile towards the end of the song!


Thank goodness for cousins to help blow out the candle!! From left to right: Kaden, Ella, Kirsten, and Lincoln.



Hunter just trying to figure out what to do with that cake!!


The audience. . .




That was some YUMMY cake!! This is my FAVORITE picture!!!



Time for a bath!



PRESENT TIME!!! He was really not much of a present opener. Once again thank goodness for cousins to show him how it's done!!



Boy did he get SPOILED!!! Thanks so much to everyone for all of the fun toys and cute clothes!! He loves them all!!! Also thanks to all our family for coming!! It was so much fun to have everyone together to celebrate Hunter's birthday!! We are SOOO lucky to have such wonderful family!!! We love you all SOOOOO much!!! Thanks for all your love and support and for all you do for us and fro Hunter!!!!
Hunter got a bike helmet from Grandma and Grandpa White and he actually let me put it on him!! We are excited to go for bike rides with the bike trailer and to go on 4-wheeler rides!!
And Hunter loves to face forward in his carseat now!! So does mom, I always felt so bad for him once he got older to have to face backwards away from us!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't beleive the little man is already 1. CRAZY!! He is so stinkin cute! So how the crap are you?? I am missin you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so dang cute and I am glad he had a good first birthday. I love the pictures and looks like he got messy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Hunter! I love the cake picture that you said was your favorite - he has such an adorable smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a QT. I'm glad he had a great birthday. My mom is bringing the baby down to the fish house on easter (I will be out of town), so will you take lots of pics of our babies and send them to me, I am sad I am going to miss her on easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last pic in his carseat grinning is so fun! And his cake pic. Priceless. What a cute birthday boy. And you pulled the church thing off beautifully-didn't even have a clue of the trauma. You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like Hunter had a great birthday! He has soo much love and support! I love the picures of the party! He is a hansome little man!

    ReplyDelete