Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Paradise Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday, April 11, 2009
Hunter got to go to his 1st Easter Egg hunt. He had no idea what was going on, but it was still fun. Jess is a member of The Lion's Club, so he was in in charge of helping out with the Easter Egg Hunt, hence all the eggs we dyed. There were so many people there, it was a blast. Hunter found 2 eggs and he was so happy. All the kids were divided up by their age, for the younger kids, the eggs were just in a small grassy area. All the eggs have numbers on them, and if your number gets called you win a prize.



The first thing he did with the eggs was throw them on the sidewalk. I don't know if you can tell from this picture very well, but both eggs are cracked all around. I had to help him stop throwing them, so we could read his numbers. No prize this year, but boy did he have fun.


After the Easter Egg Hunt is the annual bunny and chicken race. Again divided into age groups, all the kids line up and then race for stuffed and real bunnies. Here's Hunter, Caroline "Tine", Big Dog, and Grace. I love this picture of Grace, I was trying to get Hunter and Tine's attention and she totally posed for the camera! I love it!!!

Hunter and Tine just waiting to get a bunny. Can't you see the anticipation:)


And Bunty, he wasn't quite sure of this.


Jorie Sue joined the line up with her adorable rain boots.

No bunny, but he had fun trying. . .I think:) I helped him get to where he could crawl and get the bunny, but he turned right around to find me. Maybe next year he be more interested, and he'll probably cry if he doesn't get one:)


After the Easter Egg Hunt, we went to Lunch at Village Inn with Kevin, Jen, Jorie, and Dustin, Sheena, Brody, and Bridger. It was delicious and so fun to get together with our friends. We sure don't hang out like we used to. I miss the good old days sometimes, but I love life right now soooo much!! When we got home from lunch, there was a note from the Easter Bunny saying that he had come to visit early because mom was supposed to work on Easter. So, we got to find our Easter Baskets a day early. Bunty's was on the other side of the card shack, dad's was in the card shack, and mine was in the recycle can (and boy did I have a hard time finding it).


Here's an action shot. Hunter+an egg=this picture. He loves to throw pretty much anything, but this was his response everytime he had an egg in his hand.



Dad got new gold toe socks, sunflower seeds, and a spinner fishing pole.

Here's all 3 of our Easter Baskets. Mom got a new skirt and shirt for spring, and I'm so excited:)



Later that afternoon, we decided to go on a 4-wheeler ride and Bunty got to wear his helmet for the first time. He hardly even minded it. When we were off the wheeler he wanted it off, but otherwise he could have cared less.


And to end the night, after playing in the tub, I had to try his new church outfit on him, because I was supposed to work and I wanted to see him in it. Doesn't he look handsome. I think he looks so grown up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment