Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Sunday


We had such a wonderful Easter! I was supposed to work, but thankfully I was able to just to be on-call and I was sooooo excited about that. I was up early, before I was to be to work, finishing a jello salad for an Easter party. Went back to sleep for a couple of hours and then played with Bunty. We were even actually on time for church, or within a minute or so:) After church I tried to get some good pictures of Hunter in his new church outfit, but there are only so many ways you can pose a 1 year old, I still can't believe he is 1.

So, I had him hang onto the railing and I took some of him from the other side.


Mom and Hunter


Dad and Hunter. I just love when they are dressed up together!!


I had him stand by this pole and he had a hay day walking around it, but would never look up at me.
After church, we headed down to The Fish House for the Easter Party. We had a delicious dinner and ate way too much, had and Easter Egg Hunt [Chance found the Golden Egg-I think he spyes on Grandma when she hides it:)], went for a walk, enjoyed the beautiful weather, the guys shot skeet, and we visited with our friends and family. Just searching for eggs, Aunt Holly is the best egg spotter. Thanks for helping Hunter Holligans so I could take pictures.

Here's Grandma Carol and Aunt Holly helping Hunter at the Easter Egg Hunt. He was pretty good about putting his eggs in his sack when we held it open for him. He made a pretty good haul!!


Hunter and Jerzee with just a few of their eggs. Jerzee's not looking, but this is like the only only picutre that Hunter was even kind of smiling in.


And I love this picture of her. She is so darn cute, and I think she knows it.


Later that afternoon, we went to my parent's house and had another yummy dinner, Turkey dinner, and the Easter celebration just continued on. Everyone had an Easter basket to find. Here's Hunter with his basket.

And more Easter Egg Hunt's. There was one for the little kids and one for the big kids:) Here's Hunter searching for eggs in the litle kid Easter Egg Hunt.

And here's some of the big kids after their Easter Egg Hunt, boy were we tired!! It's definitely a race between 6 big kids:)


And here's all the big kids. I thought we needed a picture together because we haven't had one in a while!!


And Hunter's favorite thing to do was dump all of the eggs out of that basket and play with them:) Seriously, what's fun about having things in their place where they belong:) We had such a wonderful Easter and loved every minute we were able to spend with our friends adn family. It's so easy to get caught up in the celebration of Easter to truly celebrate the real meaning of Easter. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior and for all the blessings I am showered with daily. I'm grateful for a loving Savior who was willing to atone for all mankind that we may return to live with our Heavely Father again, and I am SO grateful for my eternal family. It is so comforting to know that we will be together forever. May we all remember the reason we celebrate Easter always!

11 comments:

  1. I was just about to ask you why you were posting so late, but then I realized that 10:30 is only late for old folks like me (who have a non-sleeping baby)! I'm glad you guys had fun on Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunter is so cute in his Easter outfit...they grow too fast. Looks like you had a fun easter filled with lots of fun activities! I had to giggle at the story of running him over with the stroller...that's happened to both my kids before...you'd think I'd learn to buckle them in...but nope! Glad he didn't get hurt! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his little outfit! I actually like that one a lot better than the one you wanted in Babys R Us :) What a fun weekend! Baby animal days looks like so much fun. I know Rylee would love it. I was laughing about the stroller incident. I could totally see me doing that same thing! I am glad he was okay. How fun that you didn't have to work. I am glad it was such a great weekend! Can't wait to squeeze him in only three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome little man. It makes me so excited to have our little boy and dress him up when I look at hunter. Glad you didn't have to work on easter! And yeah, I am done with work. I was supposed to finish off this week but I started my leave a week early! :) OH well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I want to come to your house next time...look at all those eggs. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay I'm so glad you got a picture of our kids together, I was feeling like a bad mom not being with my baby on easter! Anyways he sure is cute, its crazy to think next year they will be running on a mad dash for all those eggs=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindi..Hunter is getting so big! He is so stinkin cute! I love his hair! I hope you guys are doing good and I am sad I missed the easter egg hunt this year! And Lacie..if you read this add me to your blog! I didn't even recognize Jerzee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fabulous easter! Love the little suit and vest. He looks so grown up! What a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mindi. This is Jodi and my mom said she saw you at church yesterday and you gave her your blog address. Your family is adorable by the way and I can't believe your little guy is already one. Send me an email at jlslogan@aol.com and I will send you an invite to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Easter EGGS! He looks strapping in that fancy suit. We miss you three. It has been a long time.

    ReplyDelete