Monday, August 24, 2009

Hunter's 1st day of DayCare!!

Today was Hunter's 1st day of DAYCARE!!! He's been watched by so many people: Tasha, my mom and dad, Carol, Gentry and Tyson, Lesley, Tonya, Jen, and more. My parent's help soooo much during the summer and Gent has too, but school's back in session, so for now he's going to Best Friends Daycare at the hospital , just 1-2 days per week. Jess took him today, but I didn't want to miss his first day, so I just ran over when he got there, so we could take him together. There was only 1 other child there, who was an infant, when we got there. Hunter just got right down out of Jess's arms and went straight for the books and toys. He didn't even cry, I only cried for a minute, and then I was fine. I'm so glad he didn't cry, it makes it a lot easier on the mom. I know he's in good hands. I did call to check on him, but only 3 times. I'm sure they were getting sick of me. Apparently Hunter was very good and just played the whole time. They said he pick up random things liek a toy banana and walk around talking on it like it's a phone. He does that all the time, so I'm glad he was just being his normal self and having a good time. I could hear him talking in the background one time when I called. One thing I was worried about was nap time. The kids are divided up into rooms according to age. He's in the fishy room, ages 0-2. There's a divider that separates the infants from the 1 year olds. Nap time is from about 12-3 pm. The older kids just have mats, that they lay on the floor and they lay down and go to sleep. Hunter is not one who will just lay down and go to sleep. He has to be confined in his crib or carseat, occasionally if he's really tired, he'll fall asleep when I rock him. But apparently he took a nap and hap no problem going to sleep. They turn down the lights and turn on music like Enya or something. If the kids need rocked or their face tickled, they'll do that, but it's amazing, the whole place just goes to sleep. So, I think it was a good day and I think he will have a lot of fun! He loves kids and new toys. And they do all kinds of educational activities that I don't do like I should, so I'm excited for him to have that exposure. Jess did say that Hunter ran right to him when he saw Jess.

6 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel. Carlee spent her first night without me or Clint tonight and even though she was with Ashlee so I'm sure she was perfectly fine, it still made me sad to leave her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a grea day care!! Glad he had a good time! I am sure that made it easier on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter if it's a new sitter or a daycare it's always scary for us moms. Do you know Danielle that works at the day care? She's from Soda and she used to work as high school help back in the day where I used to work. She's great with kids and her mom always tells me how much she loves her job working at the daycare in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ONLY called 3 times...HAHAHA. I probably would have done the same thing though. Although now when I leave the kids places I run away with delight. Is that bad? :)

    Hunter's cowboy pics are SUPER cute. I'm impressed! What a little doll...er stud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! We were posting at the same time last night! I am glad Hunter had fun at daycare. I am getting sad for when I have to take Rylee. Maybe she'll do as good as him :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how scary it can be starting a new place for your QT pie so I am also glad he had a great day. HELLO....nap time 12-3......I want to go there! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete