Friday, August 7, 2009

Water Slide Party!!!!

Last Saturday, August 1st, Aunt Karen had reserved this area in Wellsville at The Bear River Bottom's Resort (I really don't think that's what it's called, but I can't remember the real name). It was so much fun and so refreshing in the HOT weather!!
There's 2 water slides, a smaller one (which wasn't running), and then this BIG one!! It was a blast! It took me back to my good old primary days (almost). You remember, the slip'n slides with dish soap, those were the days!! We didn't use dish soap and it's a good thing, this slide was big, steep, fast, and so much fun!!! Here's some pics of the fam.
Waiting in line for snow cones, YUMMM!!
And enjoying snow cones!
Ton and Logan, nice splash!!

Linc, Ella, and Jer. They always seemed to end up backwards!

Jason, Kyler, and Kaden, and I think Kirsten squished in there too, but I can't remember.
Jer and Ton's fam

Hunter and I's first time down the slide. I screamed all the way down, I forgot I was the parent and was supposed to be the brave one! I felt bad, 'cause that scared Hunter more than he was already!

So fun!
We always ended up on our backs! Poor Hunter just clung to me after we were on our feet again. He wasn't so much a fan. I did take him down one more time, but he just cried. So, that was the end of that for him:).
Hunter loves straws! He loves to take them out of drinks wherever he can find them and no matter who's they are, or he'll fish them our of the garbage can at our house if they're visible. Poor deprived kid:)! In fact, a couple weeks ago I was telling my mom how I felt bad that Hunter doesn't have a favorite blankie or stuffed animal or something, and that I was a bad mom and was going to cause him to have emotional problems or something. It actually is a good thing, I guess. When my mom watches him, she gives him plastic baby spoons to play with when she's feeding him, and he loves them. Well, the other day I went to lay him down for a nap and he had a plastic take 'n toss forkin his hand. When I layed him down I took it out of his hand because I didn't think it was a good idea for him to sleep with it, but they're not sharp. As soon as I took it away he just cried, so I gave it back to him and he quit crying and layed right down and went back to sleep. So, I guess he's attached to baby plasticware:)!

Here's Hunter and I (and Brian)! We had a water fight right after this, because he thought he was funny pouring ice cold water on me! Cousins...what would ya do without 'em! Thanks Blotter's for a fun day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had something like that up here! That looks like so much fun! Although, I can't blame you and Hunter for being scared, I'm sure I would have screamed the entire way down too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks like so much fun! i bet you guys had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete