Monday, December 7, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!

We had our ultrasound today and found out we're having another little boy!! We are SOOOOO excited!!!! And best of all everything's looking great so far!!! All the measurements were pretty much right on. By today's measurements, I'm 18.5 weeks and By my due date I'm 19.1 weeks. So pretty much the same. His vitals all looked great! Heart looked good. There's a 3 vessel cord and a 4 chamber heart, which is good. He's got two kidney's. We watched him open and shut his mouth and he said it looked like he was probably swallowing. We saw him yawn and move his arms all around. He's got two arms, hands, legs, and feet. He has 5 fingers that I counted on 1 hand, but I couldn't see the other very well! But everything looked great! I just pray it will continue this way! He was laying sideways across me with his head on my right side and his feet on my left and he was kind of facing towards my back. My placenta is posterior (closer to my back) this pregnancy and with Hunter it was anterior (towards the outer portion of my abdomen) which makes no difference, other than I'm anxious to see if I and others will be able to feel the baby better since the placenta won't be in the way! Guess we'll see! I drank a can of Diet Coke and a brownie on the way to the apppointment, just to make sure he was movin' and he was pretty active. I felt him move quite a bit yesterday, but while they were probing around and pushing on my stomach for the ultrasound, I could really feel him a lot!! I LOVE to feel the baby move so much!!!! So we're about half way there. The plan will be to induce me about 39 weeks. Here's some pictures! Sorry about the quality, these are pictures of the pictures.
His proud moment!!

His two arms up by his face. His left hand is by the word "arms"

One of his legs. His foot is by the word "legs"

We were trying to get a good profile picture so he tried a 4D view, so that's why this looks so different. It's not a great profile picture, but his hand is so detailed. You can see his jaw and mouth, ribs, and his arm.


And here's the profile of our beautiful baby boy!!! I'm so greatful to be blessed to carry another little one and I pray that all will continue to go well!! We are so dang excited!! Now we've got to get Hunter used to the idea of a new baby! Today my mom was talking to him about having a baby brother and Hunter responded by saying "toy"...my mom then siad "baby"....Hunter again "ball." I know he really has no idea but I can see him treating his new little brother like a toy or a ball :-)!!! We also need to come up with names so if you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

11 comments:

  1. Ohh, I just love the little profile shots. I'm so glad to hear all is well. I'm sure Hunter will be a great big brother. He's just too cute not to be :) His and Rylee's personality is really similar. They are such goofballs. But don't ya just love it! She makes me laugh all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mindi! Boys are so much fun, good luck with the name game! You are looking super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love having two boys. It's so much fun to see them play together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Mindi! I'm glad everything looks great and you are feeling good. Boys are fun and less dramatic so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! It was great seeing you at sams club! :) So I lost your email... Can you send it to me so I can send you a link to my blog? My email is bone_nichole@yahoo.com :)

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo woo for boys! Hunter and the newbie will be best friends. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy for you guys. Him and Deegan will have to get together. Hopefully Gentry is not too sad that it is not a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet. Two boys is the way to go. We're liking Bridger as a name. Sort of goes with Hunter. Thought we'd give it a test drive for ya in case you were interested. Jaxon is now calling him Bridgey. As long as he doesn't start calling him Bridgette I think we'll be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That is soo exciting! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete