Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Day - Beware there's A LOT of pictures!!

Here we are Christmas morning. These are not cute pictures of me at least, but it is what it is. Jess brought Hunter in to our room when he woke up and covered his face with his blanket so he couldn't see what Santa brought! We layed in bed for a bit, and Jess got out the camera. Hunter was so funny and so giddy, like he knew he should be excited!! Jess couldn't wait for him to wake up, so as soon as he heard him stiring, he went and got him out of bed.
Is it really time to wake up???


Ya my eyes are really red. 2 AM bedtime and waking up at 7 AM is not enough sleep!! But that's all part of Christmas!!!

Bunts and Dad just being silly!


It took Hunter a minute to figure out there was toys sitting out. Santa brought him a kitchen and when he saw it, he ran right over to it and started playing with it. The pot even makes a boiling noise when it's set on the stove.

Hunter feeding Dad


Hunter feeding himself

Hunter and Dad and our BIG mess!! Hunter got his kitchen, some clothes, a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book and coloring book, a little people tractor, and even some big boy undies from Santa!! He got a ball popper and clothes from Jess and I. Jess got a pack to take on overnighters, a hoodie, some socks, gift card to Cal Ranch, and some new work gloves. I got some new snow boots (and I'm so excited abotu them!!), True Religion perfume, some lotion, and an i-tunes gift card. We had such a wonderful Christmas and are so spoiled and BLESSED!!

It took a long time for Hunter to open his presents. He just wanted to play with one, not move on to the next. Typical almost 2 year old. I'm not really sure what he was doing in this picture.

Just cooking in his big boy undies!!! I just put them on for fun, he really didn't think they were neat at all. Not sure when we'll potty train, but we're prepared now, kind of.



Grandpa and Grandma Jones and Grandpa and Grandma White came up to see what Hunter got and to have breakfast with us. That's a partly why I was up until 2 AM. I invited them all up and I was planning on making this breakfast casserole that Jess's family usually has on Christmas morning, but I'd never made it and I finally got it right on the 3rd attempt.

Hunter got this ball popper and he LOVED it!! He kept saying "ball, ball" and would just laugh, smile, scream, and get so excited over it!! That was so much fun to watch!! As you can see, there's still two presents to open. We got all ready and headed down to Jess's fam's.


Our family on Christmas Day!! Jess was so excited about Hunter's Chicago Bears shirt that Santa brought and so he had to wear his hat so they would match!!

Hunter got a stick horse from Chance (all the grandkids draw names and Chance had Hunter). Grandma and Gentry helped him open it. He was excited about the horse, but wasn't sure about riding it.

So Grandma showed him how it's done. Does she look like she's having fun or what??

Now she's helping him do it!!

Just checking out the horsey

And just a cute picture of my cutie pie!!!!

Exchanging gifts!! Jess got a new snowmobile helmet and a hoodie from his mom and Grant and I got some new warm fuzzy gloves, and hoodie, and some money. They also gave us a Camp Chef outdoor oven/stove. We are sooo excited and thankful!!

Rentry, Tys, and Holligans

Jess and Chance, what a pair!!!

Tracen (very involved in his game), Misty, and Trevor

And Hunter got a Handy Manny doll/toy from Grandma and Grandpa White and a way cute outfit from The Children's Place, I forgot to take a picture of it, but it's so cute!! Hunter LOVES Handy Manny lately. He was so excited and said "Manny" when he opened it!!
After presents we had a DELICIOUS prime rib dinner and then Carol and Gentry plucked Misty and Holly's eyebrows for them!! It was quite funny!!
Holly and Carol
Gentry and Misty
Carol and Holly

Tys, Hunter, and Trev figuring out the Handy Manny toy!!

I tried to get a picture of just Jess and I, but Chance was feeling left out, and I didn't know he was in the picture until I just uploaded them on to the blog!!


Trying on Dad's hat!!

Holly's battle wounds from Carol plucking her eyebrows!! About 4:30 we headed over to my parent's house!! Right when I walked in the house I was greeted by Lincoln (Jeremy and Tonya's oldest son) who told me his mom's going to have a baby!!! We are soooooooo excited for them!!! Tonya's due July 6th!!

All the grandkids with Grandpa waiting to go downstairs to find their presents. When I was growing up, tradition was we had to wait for every one to be awake and for my parents, before we could go find our presents from Santa. My parents have kind of carried on that tradition. But, they're gonna be up to 10 grandkids by next Christmas, so who knows if they'll keep going!!

They're half way down and they can hardly stand it!! I think Grandpa gets just as excited as they do!!

They put each family in a section and each kid's stuff in their own pile with their stocking in front. The first thing Hunter spotted was the ball, of course!!

Logan, Hunter, Kenna, Kirsten, Kaden, and Kyler just having fun! Lesley and Jess just watching the chaos!!

Hunter playing catch with Dad

Opening some presents

All the grandkids each got bean bags!! Logan and Hunter are showing off their moves!!

All worn out from such a long day!!

Hunter and Logan also got these radio flyers. I was starting to put it together and Hunter jumped in to help. I guess he got sick of watching me try to do it!!
I try to pretend I can do anything, but Jess had to finish.

Hunter and Logan on their Radio Flyers. Hunter has already had his taken away a few times because he's rammed the couch, the walls, and the TV. Oh boy!!

Jess picking on Kyler!! He just can't help picking on those two boys!!


What more could you ask for, marshmallows and a radio flyer! Shortly after this, it was just about time to eat dinner and Hunter and Logan were both walking around with their bag of marshmallows whining/crying because they wanted some. Poor kids!! But they had to wait and eat their dinner!!

A very tired Mom and Hunter. We enjoyed another DELICIOUS prime rib dinner and yummy treats all night long. Last year on Christmas night we got so much snow, that we all just slept over at my parent's, so we decided to have another sleep over this year. After all the kids were put to bed, we played a new game that Jeremy and Tonya gave us called Discombobulation. It's a way fun game and when played late at night, especially, makes for even more laughing!! Well lots of laughing combined with my weak bladder and then being pregnant on top of that made for a bad combination but we just laughed even more!! We had such a WONDERFUL Christmas and enjoyed all the time we were able to spend with our families!! And we're heading to Disneyland with my whole family the end of July!!!! We're sooo excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment