I haven't posted anything lately, because we haven't done anything really. Hunter and I have been sick with a cold and cough for the last week!!! I have been coughing like crazy and taking Tylenol, because I can't really take much and I don't want to get a high fever. My temps have been high 99's. Hunter had a fever up to 102.3 on Wednesday morning but has been a-febrile since yesterday. We are so ready to be healthy and for spring to come!! And I'm pretty sure this little baby is sick of me coughing my head off!! Hunter and I didn't leave the house for almost 5 days. We're feeling better, but still not up to par. Yesterday our outing was to my mom's and then we stopped and got McDonald's for lunch. I had to actually get ready and leave the house, I was starting to go crazy. Then last night we decided to go and watch Jess's church ball game. I was feeding Hunter Mac 'n Cheese and he was coughing a lot more than he had so I decided to give him just a little cough medicine. He really doesn't like it (it's grape flavor) and he turned his head away from me when I was trying to give it to him. I asked him if he wanted to go watch daddy play basketball? He looked at me with big eyes and excitement and said basketball, daddy basketball. I told him we could go watch daddy play basketball if he would take the medicine and he opened his mouth right up! It was too cute! He normally will sit and just watch b-ball games, but last night he discovered THE BLEACHERS in the gym!! He was having a hay day, almost fell a few times, but no injuries!! I'm so not ready for the adventurous little boy!! Ready or not though, it's here!! Today I had a Dr. appointment! I'm 24.5 weeks and all was well. Heart rate was 150's and I think I'm measuring as I should, we were talking about me being sick so I forgot to ask how I was measuring. I go back in 3 weeks!! Hunter went with me and he was a trooper, I had him confined to his stroller because otherwise he would have been all over the place. We both got started on an antibiotic, me a z-pack and Hunter on amoxicillin. Hopefully this gets rid of whatever we have!!! Hunter is also getting another tooth. He's getting his lower left molar! He only has his two year old molars left to get and he'll have all his baby teeth!! I can't believe this!! He's saying all kinds of things and is a wild little boy, just like little boys should be.....I guess!!
And what little boy wouldn't like olives and tomatoes for dinner??!! Well maybe olives, but I'm not sure most little boys like tomatoes. This was about all I could get him to eat tonight, he did have some easy mac. The other night I had some cherry tomatoes in the fridge and when I took them out and Hunter saw them he laughed/squealed and smiled, but they were moldy. So we had salad tonight with dinner and he got some tomatoes. He is just a bundle of joy and has turned into quite the tease lately. The last few weeks people would ask him for a marshmallow or whatever he had and he would act like he was going to put it in their mouth and then hurry and pull it out, laugh, and eat it himself. Well today we were driving home from my mom's and she had given him a straw to take home to replace the plastic baby spoons of her's that he was playing with (he's addicted to them). He started whining and was trying to hand me the straw so I thought he was done with it. I went to grab it and he hurried and pulled it back and just laughed. He did this a couple times and started saying I tease, I tease!! What a potlicker!! 
On a random note, this past couple weeks I have learned some things about myself. Last week I took care of a 2 year old little boy 2 days in a row and sent him off to surgery on the second day. I think I just felt connected because he reminded me of Hunter, but I NEVER really get attached to my patients. As they were wheeling him out of his room on his bed to take him to surgery, he was just crying and reaching/calling for his mom and dad, and I just sat in his room for a minute after everyone was out of the room and just bawled!! I walked out of the room and told the other nurses what was going on and one of them just looked at me and said "oh, you are so pregnant." And maybe it's just the hormones, but I now know that I could never work at Primary's and kudos to all those who do!! I've also learned that I couldn't be a stay at home mom all the time. I could just work one day a week and be okay with that, but it's good to have a break. And again I know that I could never have been a pioneer. I know we all have our own trials and deal with what we are dealt, but WOW!! I'm so grateful for the sacrifices of our ancestors!! I try not to complain and I really don't like it when others do, but I have felt so crappy with this sickness. I'm just so ready for spring to be here and to have this baby! I know I will get better!! And Jess is doing well. He is just busy working and trying to deal with a sick wife and child. And he's just praying for snow so he can take his snowmobile out!! He's so escited it's supposed to snow 4 day next week!! Hopefully it gets rid of this inversion!!



I hope you get feeling better! Z-pak's work miracles--they are my favorite!! Is it bad to have a drug of choice? Anyways, Hunter is such a cute boy, he's going to love his little bro. One of these days we need to get together for lunch or something. I'm going to the doc every 2 weeks now, so I'll be in Logan more and more, so we need to get our fat belly's together!
ReplyDeleteHope you start to feel better. I was looking at the last pictures too and I love the picture of Hunter in the snow and laughing. He is so cute! I wish we lived closer to play. I think Rylee and him would have so much fun once they got to know eachother. They are a lot alike in some areas. Miss you guys lots!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great post! That is no fun to be sick, pregnant AND have a sick child. You are amazing. We are also so ready for Spring at our house so I am not paranoid to take Deegan places!! Hope you are doing better!
ReplyDelete