I'm FINANLLY adding some text to this post!!
So we knew Wednesday was the day!! I was to call L&D between 6-6:30 am to see when they could take me. With Hunter they were ready fro us at 7 am, but we were actually hoping they would want us to wait a little while. Jesse's department was short staffed that day, he went at 6 am but he needed to be there for part of the day if possible. Well L&D was swamped so they told me to call back in a few hours if I hadn't heard from them, so that was good and I went back to sleep. I called around 10:30 am and talked to the charge nurse, and she said she was just getting ready to call me to come in and Dr. Noorda sent a patient over, so she said she was planning on me about noon if nothing crazy happened and she'd plan on calling me at 11:30 am if that was the plan. I finished getting ready, got the rest of the stuff in the car, and played with Bunts a little and then we head in to Logan. I had a couple errands to do, so left a little early. I was hungry and it was lunch time, so we ran through McD's drive thru and got a little bite to eat. I was on my way to my mom's when I got the call at 11:30 on the dot....they were ready for us!!!! Lesley watched Hunter that afternoon, since my mom had pre-school and Carol was on her way home from St. George, and Les was at my mom's picking up Kirsten from pre-school. So Hunter just went home with Les and I headed to the hospital and Jess met me there!! I just bawled when I had to drop Hunter off, I was so emotional!! I was SOOOO excited to get this little guy here, but I was sad to leave my baby and my labor and delivery with Hunter was rough, so I honestly wasn't very excited to check in because I was anticipating the worst. Jess met me at the hospital and we got checked in about 12:15 pm. Dr. Noorda came in at 1 pm and checked me, I was dialated to a 2 1/2 and was 80% effaced, so he broke my water. I'm GBS positive so I have to get antibiotics prefereably 4 hours before I deliver, the nurse started PCN at about 12:45 pm. My nurse was wonderful, they all were, but my 1st nurse actually ended up being a niece of a guy Jesse works with (small world!). They waited for an hour before starting my pitocin to see if I would start into a regular labor pattern on my own, but I didn't. At 2 pm I was still a 2 1/2 so they started my pitocin. Around 3 or 4, my contractions were pretty strong and I was about ready for my epidural, I had the nurse give me some fentanyl for the pain until I could get my epidural. I had never had it and she warned that it works but it makes you feel like you're in outer space, she WASN'T lying!! The pain was gone, but I felt like I was floating. I called my mom on the phone and she said I sounded pretty drugged up!! I don't know how people like that feeling all the time. It was nice at first because I wasn't in pain, but it took almost 2 hourse before I felt normal and in control of myself again. I got my epidural around 5, I think (it all ran together). They checked me about 6 and I was a 5ish, theh nurse told me that it takes the longest to dilate from 1-5, and 6-10 goes pretty fast! My parents came up a little after 6 and brought Jess some dinner and brought Bunts up to see us!! I was missing him so much!! He really didn't want anything to do with me though, he just kep staring at all the equipment and mom laying in bed!! The new nurse came on at 7 pm and checked me about 7:10 pm. I was dilated to a 10 and competely effaced!! So, we were ready to have a baby!!!! I started pushing at 7:30 pm and Max Jesse Gibbs was born at 7:45 pm!! He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long!! He did have the cord around his neckx1 so they had to stimulate quite a bit but he did just fine!!! Jess got to cut the cord, which he didn't with Hunter and I was able to have this new little boy right up on my chest after he was born, which I didn't get to do that with Hunter because he had A LOT of meconium, so that was both different and fun!! I did get sick and throw up after I delivered, but felt better after a bit. I was able to feed him and he latched right on. Then our families came in to see him!!
First pictures!


Grandma Carol and Grandma Jones

Grant watching Hunter!! He wasn't quite sure what to think of everthing and didn't want to give me a hug or anything, but he sure liked playing in the blinds! Apparently my mom taught him how to open and close them while they were in the waiting room, so he was very entertained!!
Baby brother brought a present for Hunter and Hunter was pretty excited about that!! He sat right down to open it!! He got a baby animal book and a Mickey Mouse movie or "Mity mouse" as Hunter would say! I wasn't sure if I should get a little something for him, but I'm so glad I did!! Hunter loved it and was so excited to get something for him!!
And here's our first family picture of our now family of four!!! Isn't that crazy!!!!
Well they got us moved up to our room in Mother Baby and this little boy ate some more. He nursed for like 20 minutes on each side in L&D and then another 20 minutes on each side upstairs. Here he is getting assessed by the nurse.
And here's his first bath!! I never got to see Hunter's first bath, but they bathed him right on the foot of my bed, so that was fun!!
He didn't love the bath so much, but he LOVED getting his hair washed (they usually do)!!
Here's Dad washing his hair

Here he is all clean and cozy!! They took him to nursery to do his vitals and check him out. She was wondering if his oxygen was low because his face was bruised but she was pretty sure his O2 was ok because his lips and mouth were so pink. His O2 sats were 98-100% so that's good, but his blood sugar was 36. The nurse called the on-call doc and he said to give him an ounce of formula and recheck his blood sugar in 30 minutes. His blood sugar came up to 88 and so I was to nurse him and then supplement after each feeding. He had a few lows but finally stabilized!!
Aunt Gentry
And Hunter playing in the blinds again!! This was his favorite spot in my room everytime he came up!!
And me and my CUTE boys!!!!!!! Hunter slept at Gentry and Tyson's Wednesday night and they came up to see us Thursday afternoon. Hunter wasn't sure about the baby still but he'd finally sit by me after I lured him in with food from my lunch tray! He even got a little curious of the baby!!
We had some visitor's Thursday evening. Gent and Tys brought Hunter back up to the hospital and then he went home home with my dad and slept at my parent's house on Thursday night. My mom and Lesley watched him Friday and then he slept at Carol and Grant's Friday night!!! We are so lucky to have such wonderful family that's so close by!!!! We appreciate all the help, love, and support so much!!!!
Mom and Max getting ready to go home!!! Now this poor little boy didn't have a name until we left the hospital and then we changed it the night we got home!! We were deciding between Max and Holden and then Jesse threw Tanner into the mix. But we did NOT want to leave the hospital without a name on his birth certificate papers. We sat in our room for a good 20-30 minutes with him buckled in the carseat, ready to go, but we couldn't decide on a name. We eliminated Holden, because we didn't think he looked like a Holden. So it was between Tanner Max and Max Jesse. I finally aseked the babe. I told him to smile if he wanted to be Max and he didn't do anything then I told him to smile if he wanted to be Tanner and he gave me a big half sided grin, so Tanner it was!! We wrote Tanner Max Gibbs on his birth certificate paper and we were on our way home at about 5:15 pm. On the way home, Jesse looked at me and said "I don't know, I kind of like Max Jesse." Well Friday night we officially decided his name would be Max Jesse Gibbs!!! I felt so bad the whole time we were in the hospital, because everyone kept asking what his name was but we just didn't know!!
So we knew Wednesday was the day!! I was to call L&D between 6-6:30 am to see when they could take me. With Hunter they were ready fro us at 7 am, but we were actually hoping they would want us to wait a little while. Jesse's department was short staffed that day, he went at 6 am but he needed to be there for part of the day if possible. Well L&D was swamped so they told me to call back in a few hours if I hadn't heard from them, so that was good and I went back to sleep. I called around 10:30 am and talked to the charge nurse, and she said she was just getting ready to call me to come in and Dr. Noorda sent a patient over, so she said she was planning on me about noon if nothing crazy happened and she'd plan on calling me at 11:30 am if that was the plan. I finished getting ready, got the rest of the stuff in the car, and played with Bunts a little and then we head in to Logan. I had a couple errands to do, so left a little early. I was hungry and it was lunch time, so we ran through McD's drive thru and got a little bite to eat. I was on my way to my mom's when I got the call at 11:30 on the dot....they were ready for us!!!! Lesley watched Hunter that afternoon, since my mom had pre-school and Carol was on her way home from St. George, and Les was at my mom's picking up Kirsten from pre-school. So Hunter just went home with Les and I headed to the hospital and Jess met me there!! I just bawled when I had to drop Hunter off, I was so emotional!! I was SOOOO excited to get this little guy here, but I was sad to leave my baby and my labor and delivery with Hunter was rough, so I honestly wasn't very excited to check in because I was anticipating the worst. Jess met me at the hospital and we got checked in about 12:15 pm. Dr. Noorda came in at 1 pm and checked me, I was dialated to a 2 1/2 and was 80% effaced, so he broke my water. I'm GBS positive so I have to get antibiotics prefereably 4 hours before I deliver, the nurse started PCN at about 12:45 pm. My nurse was wonderful, they all were, but my 1st nurse actually ended up being a niece of a guy Jesse works with (small world!). They waited for an hour before starting my pitocin to see if I would start into a regular labor pattern on my own, but I didn't. At 2 pm I was still a 2 1/2 so they started my pitocin. Around 3 or 4, my contractions were pretty strong and I was about ready for my epidural, I had the nurse give me some fentanyl for the pain until I could get my epidural. I had never had it and she warned that it works but it makes you feel like you're in outer space, she WASN'T lying!! The pain was gone, but I felt like I was floating. I called my mom on the phone and she said I sounded pretty drugged up!! I don't know how people like that feeling all the time. It was nice at first because I wasn't in pain, but it took almost 2 hourse before I felt normal and in control of myself again. I got my epidural around 5, I think (it all ran together). They checked me about 6 and I was a 5ish, theh nurse told me that it takes the longest to dilate from 1-5, and 6-10 goes pretty fast! My parents came up a little after 6 and brought Jess some dinner and brought Bunts up to see us!! I was missing him so much!! He really didn't want anything to do with me though, he just kep staring at all the equipment and mom laying in bed!! The new nurse came on at 7 pm and checked me about 7:10 pm. I was dilated to a 10 and competely effaced!! So, we were ready to have a baby!!!! I started pushing at 7:30 pm and Max Jesse Gibbs was born at 7:45 pm!! He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long!! He did have the cord around his neckx1 so they had to stimulate quite a bit but he did just fine!!! Jess got to cut the cord, which he didn't with Hunter and I was able to have this new little boy right up on my chest after he was born, which I didn't get to do that with Hunter because he had A LOT of meconium, so that was both different and fun!! I did get sick and throw up after I delivered, but felt better after a bit. I was able to feed him and he latched right on. Then our families came in to see him!!
First pictures!

Grandma Carol and Grandma Jones
Grant watching Hunter!! He wasn't quite sure what to think of everthing and didn't want to give me a hug or anything, but he sure liked playing in the blinds! Apparently my mom taught him how to open and close them while they were in the waiting room, so he was very entertained!!
Baby brother brought a present for Hunter and Hunter was pretty excited about that!! He sat right down to open it!! He got a baby animal book and a Mickey Mouse movie or "Mity mouse" as Hunter would say! I wasn't sure if I should get a little something for him, but I'm so glad I did!! Hunter loved it and was so excited to get something for him!!
And here's our first family picture of our now family of four!!! Isn't that crazy!!!!
Well they got us moved up to our room in Mother Baby and this little boy ate some more. He nursed for like 20 minutes on each side in L&D and then another 20 minutes on each side upstairs. Here he is getting assessed by the nurse.
And here's his first bath!! I never got to see Hunter's first bath, but they bathed him right on the foot of my bed, so that was fun!!
He didn't love the bath so much, but he LOVED getting his hair washed (they usually do)!!
Here's Dad washing his hair

Here he is all clean and cozy!! They took him to nursery to do his vitals and check him out. She was wondering if his oxygen was low because his face was bruised but she was pretty sure his O2 was ok because his lips and mouth were so pink. His O2 sats were 98-100% so that's good, but his blood sugar was 36. The nurse called the on-call doc and he said to give him an ounce of formula and recheck his blood sugar in 30 minutes. His blood sugar came up to 88 and so I was to nurse him and then supplement after each feeding. He had a few lows but finally stabilized!!
Aunt Gentry
And Hunter playing in the blinds again!! This was his favorite spot in my room everytime he came up!!
And me and my CUTE boys!!!!!!! Hunter slept at Gentry and Tyson's Wednesday night and they came up to see us Thursday afternoon. Hunter wasn't sure about the baby still but he'd finally sit by me after I lured him in with food from my lunch tray! He even got a little curious of the baby!!
We had some visitor's Thursday evening. Gent and Tys brought Hunter back up to the hospital and then he went home home with my dad and slept at my parent's house on Thursday night. My mom and Lesley watched him Friday and then he slept at Carol and Grant's Friday night!!! We are so lucky to have such wonderful family that's so close by!!!! We appreciate all the help, love, and support so much!!!!
Mom and Max getting ready to go home!!! Now this poor little boy didn't have a name until we left the hospital and then we changed it the night we got home!! We were deciding between Max and Holden and then Jesse threw Tanner into the mix. But we did NOT want to leave the hospital without a name on his birth certificate papers. We sat in our room for a good 20-30 minutes with him buckled in the carseat, ready to go, but we couldn't decide on a name. We eliminated Holden, because we didn't think he looked like a Holden. So it was between Tanner Max and Max Jesse. I finally aseked the babe. I told him to smile if he wanted to be Max and he didn't do anything then I told him to smile if he wanted to be Tanner and he gave me a big half sided grin, so Tanner it was!! We wrote Tanner Max Gibbs on his birth certificate paper and we were on our way home at about 5:15 pm. On the way home, Jesse looked at me and said "I don't know, I kind of like Max Jesse." Well Friday night we officially decided his name would be Max Jesse Gibbs!!! I felt so bad the whole time we were in the hospital, because everyone kept asking what his name was but we just didn't know!!














Yay Mindi! Congratulations! Max is such a handsome little baby! I LOVE the name! :) Have a good break from work!
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cut guy!! Not as much hair as Hunter but still a lot! Can't wait for more pics! Glad you are all well.
ReplyDeleteThat was CUTE not CUT. ha ha
ReplyDeleteSO dang cute, love the hair!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is darling! Thanks for the pictures, I was getting anxious! Looks like Hunter had fun exploring the hospital - I'm a little nervous about Carlee and our new little one and how they'll like each other (really just Carlee). Hopefully all goes well! Love all that hair!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mindi! He is a doll and you look great! We just had a little Max about a month ago, great name!!!!
ReplyDelete-Melissa Pyper Nelson
What a cutie Mindi!!! Congrats! Looking at that cute little guy makes me baby hungry!! I am glad you guys are doing well!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!! he is so CUTE!!! I am so Jealous :) I am so ready for my little one to get here!!! I LOVE all the pictures you look so GOOD!!! I hope you guys are doing good he sure is a Q-T makes me so EXCITED!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so dang cute...I love all his hair! How come your boys get hair and my girls are bald as can be?
ReplyDeleteADORABLE!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you guys!! I'm so glad that he's here and healthy! Enjoy your time off, see ya in a few months--
ReplyDeleteoh he is so cute! You look so great! Have a lot of fun they are so great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mindi, He is soo cute!!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so so sweet in those last pics. All snuggly in his jammies! That is sweet you only had to push for 15 minutes! I don't know how long you pushed with Hunter but I pushed for THREE hours with Deegan!! Maybe I just suck at it. ha ha. I sure hope the next one is faster! We can't wait to come see him. We will give you a call one of these days and see if you are around! Congrats again!
ReplyDelete