That's right!! We're going to have another baby!!! We are so excited!!! We told our families and some close friends a couple weeks ago, because I didn't think I could hide it in St. George. But I wanted to wait for the ultrasound before we announced to everyone. So some of you already know. But we are SOOOOO excited!!! We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday, October 13th and all was well. Baby's heart rate was 178 bpm and I can't find Hunter's first ultrasound picture that shows what his heart rate was, but I'm searching. I'm just curious, it doesn't really mean anything, I just want to know. My due date is May 2nd, 2010!!! My cousin Megan is due with her 1st the same day, so that will be fun!! I wondered if they would changed my due date after the ultrasound, but he left it the same. By the ultrasound I was 10.4 weeks and by my due date I was 11.2 weeks, so not a huge difference. So, I'm 11.5 weeks today!!!

Here's how we told our family. "The redneck way," according to Carol:)!! We weren't really planning on telling them, so I thought I had time to buy a shirt, but it was Sunday afternoon, after conference and we just decided to tell them, because I know his family would have figured it out while we were in St. George. Any way, so Jess got creative with the duct tape. We went to my parent's house first and Jason and Lesley were there with their kids and I talked to Jer on our way over and they were going to be coming over, so it was perfect!! Hunter had his jacket on. and we just decided we'd let someone take it off. So after about 10 minutes or so, my dad finally took off Hunter's jacket in the kitchen. I was sitting at the counter eating some dinner and I saw my dad stare at the shirt a few different times, but never said anything. I finally had to go in the family room, because I was going to start laughing and couldn't help but smile. Then Hunter walked in to the living room where Jess, my bother Jason, and I were sitting. Jason asked what Hunter's shirt said and I told him I wasn't sure and that Jess had written something on it. He got up to go find Hunter and was smiling and ponted at me and asked, you're pregnant aren't you? I just laughed! At the same time my dad asked from the kitchen if there was some truth to the message on Hunter's shirt. So then they all knew except my mom. She was downstairs, so Lesley picked up Hunter and took him to give her a hug when she came back upstairs. Then my dad said, "come here Hunter, come give Grandpa a hug." It took my mom a few minutes, but she finally read it after Lesley held it out for her. Jer and Ton got there right after and they too read the shirt with a little cueing from my mom. A little bit later we headed back out to Paradise to tell Jess's fam. Same scenario and Gentry and Carol walk up to to the kitchen from the family room, took of his jacket, were then heading back downstairs when I heard Carol say, "what does his shirt say?!" And that's how the story goes!!

Here's a more readable picture of the shirt

And here's our ultrasound pictures!!! Sorry they're not the best pictures, they are pictures of the pictures!!

We are so dang excited!!!! So I go back in 4 weeks!! I'll keep the updates coming!!!
Yay! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats that is so exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteYour Fall has been so busy! It's been fun catching up with you! I like the story behind the shirt...and I'm totally impressed with Jess's duct tape skills! Congrats again you guys! Super fun news!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly Moly!! Congrats you two! Sounds like everything has been going well, Hunter will be a great big brother! See you at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Jess told Clint a couple weeks ago, but I wasn't sure who knew and who didn't, so I didn't want to say anything on the blog! We're excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWe are only 2 days apart from eachother's due dates!!!I am so excited for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey! I had no idea! :) That is so exciting! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That's wonderful. We're so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats! I think the spacing is perfect too. So exciting! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news Mindi! Now I'm excited to hear if it's a boy or girl. Do you feel sick? I was wiped out for the first trimester with this second pregnancy. But it was a lot better after that. Enjoy the vacationing while you still fit in the car. I'm pretty much homebound because my belly's too stinking big to fit int he car. Good times! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!!!!! It is so much fun! Can't wait to see how this goes for you. Sending lots of love and no morning sickness vibes!
ReplyDeleteYEAH! Congrats to you guys! You sure do know how to make em cute! :) Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mindi! I saw your mom on Saturday and she told me the news so I had to come home and check your blog. I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! I think the shirt turned out perfect!! Thats how we told our family for number 2 to!! Kids are so much fun. I hope all goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! That is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mindi! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! Congrats, Gibbs! I can't wait to see mini-Hunter! This little one has a lot to live up to since the big bro is nearly perfect!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! that was a cute way to tell them. Its funny how long it takes a dad to figure stuff like that out, my dads the same way. congrats to you both!!
ReplyDelete