Last weekend was the opening of the deer hunt. I had to work on Saturday, but was home on Sunday. Pictures to come, if they're appropriate:)! Jess took the camera, so you never know:). Last Saturday night, Hunter had a stinky diaper and I've been trying to teach him to plug his nose and say "stinky, " well I was saying it, and he finally said it repeatedly. It was so cute!! Then on Sunday night, I was sitting in the recliner rocking him, and we were getting ready to say our prayers and I told him to watch me and I folded my arms. I repeated it a couple times, telling him at the same time to fold his arms and he did!! It didn't last through the prayer, but it was so cute!! Then he also said "Amen" after I repeated it to him a few times, and then he just laughed!! I'm amazed everyday at the things he knows and the new things he does!!! I JUST LOVE THIS KID!!!! And I can't wait to have another one to love!!!
They're at it again . . .Carol was so nice to pick Hunter up from daycare after work on Monday, since Jess was hunting, and these are just a couple pics I just saw on the camera. Not really sure who was behind it, but what a cutie!! I think those are Gentry's boots, I think!
I never really wrote about how I was feeling with this pregnancy compared to last, but I need to document it somewhere.
-I've definitely been more sick with this one. I was nauseated with Hunter, but never threw up. I've thrown up twice so far with #2. A lot of people say it must be a girl. I don't really know, because now I have an 18 month old to chase around and take care of, and I definitely can't/don't sleep as much as I did with Hunter. Guess we'll see! From about 6 weeks to 10 weeks, it was all I could do to get out of bed and lay on couch adn watch Hunter play and Jorie when she was here, but things are getting much better!!
-I hate brushing my teeth when I'm first pregnant, I dry heave almost every time (same both times). And that was the cause of one of my throwing up episodes this time.
-With Hunter as long as I ate, I felt pretty good. With this one, almost NOTHING sounds good (at least until about about 2 weeks ago) but I eat because I know I have to and then I still feel sick to my stomach. However, Mac 'n Cheese and gold fish were life savers in the beginning!!!
-Otter pops are to die for this time!!!
-I craved McD's, mostly french fries and diet coke last time, this time I can eat it, but this time Wendy's fries and chicken nuggets are heavenly along with Old Grist Meal. Diet Coke doesn't really taste that good this time.
-I LOVE milk and drink LOTS of it when I'm pregnant, this has been the same.
-Loved eggs last time, taste ok this time, but I don't crave them (I know, I like things most people hate when they're pregnant!)
-I lost weight with this one, I actually made it to just barely under my pre-pregnancy weight with Hunter. It's amazing what you'll lose when you can't eat or drink anything. Don't worry, it will come back!!
-Couldn't eat cold cereal last time at all, and I pretty much lived on it before I was pregnant with Hunter!! I eat quite a bit with this one!!
-This is definitely my second child. I'm already showing and I'm only 12.4 weeks!!! It depends on the day, the time of day, and what I've eaten, but I'm definitely bigger!!! I can't remember when I started to show with Hunter, but I think I was at least 16 weeks or so!
-Last time I loved Mandarin Gardens and we ate there so much! I'm still waiting for it to even kind of sound good!!
-I remember about 14 weeks I was an endless pit. I could eat so much before getting full. I love that part of it!! I just hate when it catches up me in the end! The endless pit must be starting though, I just had 2 fried eggs and a piece of toast for lunch, and I was still hungry, so I had another egg and another piece of toast and some milk of course!!
Well, I'll continue to keep you posted on how things are going!!! So far, so good!!



I am so excited Mindi!! That is fun to compare the 2 pregnancies. You look great! I can't wait to hear all your updates and see pics and everything!! A girl would be so fun and then you would have one of each! But with a boy Hunter and him could be best buds and maybe Deegan too! :) If I am doing my math right, you will find out right about my due date. So fun!!
ReplyDeleteThat was fun to read your comparisons! I'm trying to get Rylee to even settle down during prayers...we'll see :) I think it is great Hunter will fold his arms. Potty training is still going okay. We had 2 dry days, 1 okay day, and 1 really bad day. Then the last two days she has been in day care so I really don't know. But I guess I will keep working with her when she is home with me. She still seems pretty excited about it??? So I just go with the flow :) Give me a call sometime.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to think about how different each pregnancy is and might be. I love the pictures of Hunter in Gentry's boots. Those were so cute! Do you guys have names picked out that you like for girls or boys?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting! Hunter is adorable!
ReplyDelete