We headed up Blacksmith Fork to our usual camping spot on Friday as soon as Jess got home from work. We met Tys and Gent up there. Got everything set up and then we all came back down together to get the 4 wheelers. Then we just sat around the campfire and talked. Saturday morning Gent and I got up and decided to go running. We ran down the canyon to the Blacksmith Fork sign and then almost made it all the way back. We were slower than we thought, so Tyson picked us up, because breakfast was ready. The run down was great, the run up on the other hand was a little difficult with the canyon wind, but it felt so good!! I think we ran between 5 and 6 miles. We got back to camp to delicious breakfast burritos. Thanks boys!!Chance came up Saturday morning and after breakfast we headed up to Hardware Ranch for our 4 wheeler ride. We rode from Hardware over to Bear Lake!! It was a very fun ride and Hunter did pretty darn good!!
He fell alseep at the beginning of the ride and slept for about an hour. Does he look comfy or what? I tried to keep him in a good position. It was overcast and there were some dark clouds. We were worried we were going to get rained on, but we never did. It was very cold up in the top of the mountains though.
We had some delicious lunch at Lakeside Pizza!! Here's Jess, Hunter, Tyson, Gentry, and Chance.
Hunter was being such a little show off during lunch!!
Jess, Me, and Hunter
I love this picture!!!!!
Here we are taking a little break. Hunter slept from just after we left Bear Lake to here, so that helped a lot.
And he was happy as could be after a nap and then running around playing in the dirt. Who wouldn't be, right???
Mom and BuntyThe 4 wheeler ride was very fun, but after holding Hunter between Jess and I and trying to keep myself from sliding forward, my abs and inner thighs wer so sore! I guess I should make it a weekly thing, think of the workout I'd get:-)!! Saturday night Scott and Tammy(Tyson's parents) and Kevin, Jen, and Jorie came up. We had yummy dutch oven pizza and smores!!! It was delicious. It rained just a little on us, but not too bad. Then Saturday night we play Hand and Foot. And now I can't even remember who won or lost, we played a few time during the weekend.
Sunday morning dad was being so silly and Hunter was just laughing. A little later that morning, Hunter caught his first fish!!!!Monday morning, Labor Day, Gentry and I got up early and headed down the canyon (driving) to Wellsville to run the Founder's Day 10K. It was so fun!! And we ran the WHOLE way! I was so proud of us. Tonya and her sis-in-law Brittany ran it too, but they out ran us, and Ton's parent's ran the 5K. I couldn't believe how many people were there. Kazia, Gentry, and I ran together.
Then it was off to the Parade!!! Here's everyone watching the parade. This year was much more enjoyable!! Last year it was raining and was COLD!! Jess is helping Hunter get ready to get some candy!!
Here's our cute little family!! After the parade we walked around the booths. And, can you believe we didn't go to the Sham Battle this year? I think this is the first year I haven't gone to it.
We got to watch some 3:3 b-ball in the afternoon. Jess, Jason, and Cody were on a team and Bracken, Talisha, and her brother were on a team. Here's some pics of them playing each other. Bracken, Talisha, and her brother won the championship and each got a dang nice basketball!! Better luck next year boys!!

Here's Hunter and Julie. Julie's son was also playing, so we watched together. Hunter favorite thing to do was run up and down a little grass hill by the parking lot. So that's mainly what he and I did.
And here's the cheerleaders!!! We had a yummy dinner with our family and then we headed home. That's when my day turned horrible. You see, I had to drive up the canyon separately, so Gentry and I could leave early to run the race. Jess and Tyson just wanted us to stay up and then all come down together, but we didn't. The race cost $10, but then I ended winning a $15 Firehouse giftcard from a raffle drawing after the race. So I was so excited that that totally paid for my race. So, Jess left to home just a little bit before me with Hunter. I was on my way home through Mt. Sterling, when what do I see. . . .A COP!!!! I slammed on my brakes, and I had no idea how fast I was going nor did I know what the speed limit even was!! IT's 35 MPH, just FYI!!! So, DON'T speed right there, or anywhere. I was just really tired, because we got up early, ran the 10K and just had a busy day, so I was just focused on getting home. I passed the cop hoping he wouldn't pull me over, but NOPE!!!! I saw the flashing lights and it was all over!! And then to top it off, I didn't have my wallet, and I ALWAYS have my wallet. But it was in Jess's truck, because we drove to the parade in his truck. So I haven't had any kind of ticket sonce before we were married and what do you know!! And I am never one to get out of a ticket!!! So $115 later, I now have a ticket on my record once again!! So, needless to say, I may revert to grandma driving. So my wonderful weekend, ended not so wonderful, but it could have been worse I suppose!!



No comments:
Post a Comment