Be prepared for LOTS of pictures!!

July 2, we went to Aggy's for dinner, then to Walmart to get a game, and here we are waiting for the Logan Fireworks to start!! We played Farkle and Hunter got a Barrel of Monkeys from Grandma to play with, a cool light sword that Aunt Gentry bought for him, and also played with a ball of kid sitting by us.

However, Tys was pretty entertained with those Barrel of Monkeys!

Our cute family!

Bunts and Mom with his light sword. The fireworks were great! Before they started a military plane, instead of the jets, flew right over our head. We were sitting on the grass right outside the stadium on a hill, so the plane really went right over our head. Hunter thought that was awesome! And he loved the fireworks!! He kept saying fireworks go pop and fireworks make noise!

After a short night sleep, Gentry, Holly and I ran the Blacksmith Fork Freedom Run!!! Here we are pre-run. Carol was so nice to take us up the canyon and cheer us on and pick us up after the race! It was a 15k. I ran 9.3 miles in 1:48. Not super fast, but my goal was just to finish and I did!! Now I've really got to kick it in the butt to get ready for the TOU half marathon the end of August!! Around mile 3 a man running the race while carrying The American Flag, ran up behind me and a couple others yelling "It's a great day to be an American! Every day's a great day, but today is especially a great day!" It truly is!! I got the chills from head to toe and a burst of energy for a minute or two until my body caught up with my mind! We are so blessed!! I'm so greatful for my FREEDOM and I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!!! I thank all those who have and are currently fighting for our FREEDOM!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Here we are post-race!

And here's Carol, our wonderful and beautiful supporter!

And guess what??? We have a PORCH!!!! I love porches!! I am definitely a porch monkey and I can't wait to relax on our front porch! They were supposed to pour our garage floor yesterday, but there was a mix up with the drains.....it's a long story, but basically I should listen to Jess and he shouldn't listen to me....so they poured our porch and garage stairs and we've decided no drains in the garage and they'll pour the garage 1st thing Tuesday morning!!

Happy 4th of July!!! It was a WONDERFUL day!! Jess and I had the opportunity to speak in church on Sunday and we spoke on patriotism! It was a wonderful topic and really gave me a chance to reflect on all that we have and why and how blessed we truly are!! I AM so thankful for my freedom!! I think it turned out to be a pretty good meeting !! After church we had steak and potatoes (from the garden) for lunch at Carol and Grant's and then a bit later had hamburgers and hotdogs at my parent's. So here we are on my parent's front porch!

Here's some pictures of Max and Landon!! Landon is only 5 days old! I can't believe how much of a difference 2 1/2 months makes. And I can't believe Max was smaller. Max was 7-5 and 20" and Landon was 7-11 and 20".
No comments:
Post a Comment