Friday, July 16, 2010

Good bye to my trusty old mug!!!/Max in the Bumbo!!

The OLD and the NEW
As many of you know I have needed a new mug for some time now! My mug (which was almost brand new) got stuck under the seat of my car when Jesse used the electronic control to move the seat and cracked it! I've probably had a cracked mug for at least 3 years if not more! It was only cracked on the outside so it held liquid (mostly Diet Coke:-)) just fine!! I have washed it in the dishwasher multiple times and each time the insulation swells a little more and the crack gets bigger! You wouldn't believe the comments I've gotten over the years but if nothing else it has been a great topic for conversation!! When I've paid at various gas stations for a refill, the employees have seen it and reacted like it was broken and was gonna spill all over. Multiple people have asked "Did you know your mug is cracked?" Yep, I sure do!!!! And many, many more!! Why haven't I just gotten a new mug you ask? Because this brand of mug is my absolute favorite and because I get cheaper refills with a Mooch's mug! My good friend Margo was able to track me down a mug. It's used, but looks brand new and was FREE!!! I put them both in the dishwasher to sanitize the new one and I have no idea why I washed the old one, when I got them out I noticed a crack on the inside of my old mug! She was a trusty old thing and lasted to the very end!! I'll miss ya, but I guess I have to move on!!!

And I can't believe how big and strong Max is getting!! He's one month away from being 3 months old!!!!!! He sat in the bumbo tonight for like 20 minutes while I was cooking dinner. His neck is still getting strong, but he's getting pretty good at holding his head up! Occasionally his head would slump a little but then he would lift it right back up!! What a big boy!!!
He was very hungry and was such a good boy to wait patiently! But he going to town on that hand of his!! I LOVE HIM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment