Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CHRISTMAS!!!

Our camera broke a couple days before Christmas!! The screen cracked. I couldn't believe that it happened or that it happened when it did!! My mom was nice enough to let me borrow her camera on Christmas morning. I was so nervous that I wasn't going to be able to take pictures of Hunter's first Christmas, but we were. Carol offered her camera to me also, but I had already asked my mom if I could borrow hers!!! Thanks so much to both of you!!! You saved the day!!! I know it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but I would have been so sad!! I can't belive what a photo freak I am since having a baby!! I love taking pictures!!!!


Wow, we had such a wonderful Christmas!!! The morning started with Hunter waking up around 8 or 9 and laying in bed with us to have a bottle, his usual routine. The whole month before Christmas, he would love to scoot over to the tree and pull out the presents, take off the bows, and try to tear open the packages. Well, Santa Clause found us Christmas morning, and all of his presents were arranged in a big pile. He was his happy usual little self and we set him down right in front of his presents, he looked at them for a minute, played with some of his new books, and then crawled away into his room. I though for sure he'd be so excited to tear in to whatever he could, but I guess I either told him "no" enough times that he didn't think he should attempt the presents, or he just didn't want to because now it was ok!! I'm going with the second choice. Needless to say, it did take some coaxing, but by the end of the day, he was catching on:)



He sure made a haul, didn't he!!!! He would have been happy with a box and a bow on top!!

Look, new clothes!!

Dad looks like he's in a zone!!

Hunter's favorite part of the day, was climbing on the boxes and paper!!!

Well, we got all the presents opened and it was time for another bottle. We are so excited about a new carseat. I can't believe how big he's getting, he has nearly outgrown his infant carseat. Thank you so much to Grandpa Terrill and Grandma and Grandpa White for contributing to the carseat. They are definitely pricy, and Santa Clause is on a budget:)

What now? Is it over?

Well, Jess and I got spoiled too!! I'm so excited though, I finally got bedding for our bed!!!! I love it!! Thanks to my cousin I was able to get it!!! We have just used blankets on our bed up to this point. I found this bedding like back in January of 08, and then it went on backorder. I kept watching for it to come back, and one day it was, so I hurried up and got it!!!! And I love it!!! Jess just says there's just more pillows to be in the way, but I would add more if I could!!! It's kind of big, that's because it's a king size and this bed is a queen. We have a king size bed, but it doesn't fit in our house, so we are storing it at my parents home, but I bought this to go on that bed someday!! Thanks Alyssa and Jess. I love it!!!!

Jess wasn't very surprised, he's gotten this present 3 times already:). I got him a spotting scope for, our Anniversary last year, and his birthday, graduation, and now for Christmas!!! Oh how fun!!! Maybe next year he'll get a different surprise!! I love you babe!!!

After we got done with our Christmas and got all cleaned up, we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa White's. Grandma always decorates so cute!! That's on happy little boy!! We are so lucky to have such a sweet baby!!!!!
Holly, Gentry, and Tyson
Jess, Carol, Tracen, Misty, Trevor, Chance, Grant, and Hunter. Just hanging out and opening presents!! We love our family so much!!!!!
Chance helping Hunter to play with his new toy from Grandma and Grandpa White!!!! You use the hammer to hit the balls inside. He's pretty good at it for 9 months old. That hammer could be dangerous Chance, you better watch out!!!
We had a delicious Prime Rib dinner with yummy twice bake potates, and lots more yummy food!!! Dontcha just love the holidays!!! After dinner, presents, laughing, playing games, and visiting with Jess's fam, we were on our way again. The holidays are full of running around, and I love it!! I feel so blessed to live so close to both of our families. I can't imagine not having them close by!!! We are both such homebodies!!!



Hunter was all tuckered out from a long and fun filled morning. I think he had only taken like a 20-30 minute nap, and it was about 4 pm when we got to my parent's house. So, he slept for a little while, but then woke up to join the party!!! Wow, Santa Clause found us again!! Okay, not really, jsut Grandma and Grandpa Jones!!!
Here's Jason , Kaden, Kyler, Lesley, and Kirsten aka sissy, and Kennady was asleep too!!
Here's Grandpa!!! He was always the one behind the camera when I was growing up, but now the tides have turned!! He always gets after me when I get out the camera or video camera. I think my mom must have taken this picture though, so she was sneaky and not in it!!!
Here's Ella, Tonya, Lincoln, and Jeremy aka Grizzly Adams! He's decided to grow a beard!! And Lo lo Jones (Logan) is asleep!!!
Just hiding out under the pool table!!! This little fart climbed up on the ping pong table cover things and was just hanging out!!!
Oh no, I'm caught!!!!

After opening presents, we had another delicous prime rib dinner and yummy Montana mashed potatoes. If you don't know what those are, you better try them. They've got sour cream, cream cheese and butter in them!!!! They're not low cal, but they're sure good!! To end the day, we had a big sleepover at my parent's house. It snowed so much, we were afraid we wouldn't make it home and didn't want to chance trying to drive!! The wind blew a tree over at Carol and Grant's, so we knew the weather was bad!! We just kept watching the huge snowflakes fall and pile up, we couldn't believe how hard it was coming down!!! So, that was fun to have a sleepover with our whole family on my side!!! I love sleepovers!! The next day, Jess, my dad, and my brothers went and pushed snow for most of the morning, and there was a lot!!

We had such a wonderful Christmas and are so blessed to have such wonderful families and friends!! We truly are so fortunate. I know I take it for granted, and I need to remember just how blessed I am. I'm thankful for the true meaning of Christmas and for my Savior!! It's a daily goal of mine to be more Christlike, and I have lots of room for improvement!! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks so much to everyone for making our holidays filled with so much fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. He's just too cute. I can't wait to put them together this summer when Rylee is a little more active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss Hunter even more than I miss you! We need to get our little men together now that they are both mobile...they would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete