Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Snowshoeing!!!! Saturday February 7th

Carol is big into showshoeing and has invited me many times, but I've never been able to go!! There's a group of her friends who love to go (not all of them were able to go today, but a lot of them were here. Gentry goes all the time too)!! Anyway, I was finally able to go!!! We had so much fun!!!! We went just below Porcupine Dam!! It was a beautiful day and so warm!! I had layers on and by the first 5-10 minutes I was shedding layers!!

Here's the group of us, minus me (I'm taking the picture). From left to right: Tammy Olsen, Ev Elison, one of Ev's friends/co-worker, Carol, Ann Hunt, Gentry, and Jen Norman!!!

Jen and I, getting ready to venture out!! It was our first time, we were a little nervous about keeping up:)

Gentry, Carol, and I. This is where we stopped to eat lunch/a snack, and were back on our way! It was so beautiful up there!!! I love the mountains!!!

The group of us again, minus Tammy (she took this picture). Thanks Tammy!!!
We take garbage bags up to sit on while eating lunch, so we stay dry. I didn't know this, so thanks Carol for saving me in that area!! On our way down, Ev decided she would try to sled down. Carol's just giving her a push!! Hold on tight, Ev!!!

Well, she didn't make it too far, the snow wasn't quite slippery enough for a garbage bag!

After a few tries, she finally got going down the left side of this hill!!! Looks like fun!!!
Thanks you guys for such a fun day!!! It was a blast!!! I can't wait to go again!!!!

3 comments:

  1. The trouble with snow shoeing is figuring out the right amount of clothes to stay the right temp. It's fun to get out of the yucky inversion and see a little sun! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun! Hey I saw the post about Gentry getting married! Congrats to her! I just thought I'd let you know so maybe you could tell her that I do wedding invitations. I don't know how far ahead she is planning but she can take a look. http://cscards.blogspot.com They are a lot cheaper then you can find anywhere else. Cute family picture by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had tonz of fun! And tell Gentry CONGRATS thats is so exciting!!! Hunter is getting so BIG and is so Cute, he looks a lot like you!!

    ReplyDelete