Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nine months old and no more binkies!!!!



He just thinks he's a little stud with dad's hat on!! We think he's the cutest little potlicker, but we're not biased or anything!! Jess is always doing funny things like putting thing on Hunter's head or just being a tease!! We love to have dad around to keep us entertained and on our toes!!

We took Hunter to the Dr. on 1/5/09 and he is doing excellent. He's growing and developing just like he should. We are so thankful for this!!! He weighs 19 lbs 7 oz and is 29 inches long!! We were very surprised
to see where he fell in the percentile ranges. His head is in the 90%, for height he's in the 72% and for weight he's only in the 29% percentile!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I pormise I feed him and he eats a lot. I think he's taking after his dad in this area, tall and skinny and can't eat anything he wants to. I wish I had that kind of metabolism:) After his appt and doing a few things in Logan, we were searching for his binkie, the last 1 out
of 3 that we started with, and could not find one anywhere. So, we just decided we would see how he would do without it. During the day he usually doesn't really need it, but I was a little nervous for night time, but he did great!! In fact, better than when he had a bink. I used to rock him to sleep with his bink and blanket all the time, and I loved it, but I was nervous I had started a bad habit and it would be very hard to break!! He's only cried himself to sleep a few times and he would cry forever, but the first night without it, we gave him a bath, did his routine, read a book, and layed him down. I had kept him up from his dinner timeish nap, so he was tired, and I think he cried maybe 5-10 minutes and he was out!! He slept all night and we've been binkie free ever since!!! It's very nice to not have to keep track of it, even though binkies are very convenient when you want them to be quiet, but they can't have them forever!!! Ever since then, I can just lay him down for naps or bedtime and he might fuss for a few minutes and he's off to sleep!!! I feel so blessed!!! Heavenly Father must want us to have more kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment