Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Painting the Foundation and gravel for the basement floor!!!

Well here I am trying to contribute labor to our house!! I tried to help Jess hang window wells but we only got one done and our neighbor stopped by and offered to help Jess finish the next night (but it rained...of course). It's a good thing he offered to help (thanks Benji), because I'm sure I was gonna get fired!! That's a crappy job to do if you were wondering. Those window wells are huge, heavy, and awkward. Their just like rubber when you try to handle them. I about got knocked over on my keester while we were trying to hang the first one!! Monday, June 14th, Jess and Benji got our window wells hung. Tuesday night we started painting our foundation. For all who know us, you know that I LOVE taking pictures and Jess along with a few choice others:-), hate when I pull out my camera!! Well, here were Jess and I down in the hole, beginning to paint our foundation and I just kept trying to figure out how I was going to get a picture of us:-), we we're pressed for time as well, so I knew Jess wasn't gonna like this. Well to my advantage, Tami Pierce (Megan Eames's mom) stopped by on her way to see them and she was so nice to take a couple pictures for us!! So.....Here we are!!

My dad came out and helped us after he got done with mutual. We almost got done but ran out of tar. It was almost dark when we got done for the night and then came the rain, AGAIN! It POURED!!!!!

Here we are with tar on our faces! We had to use gasoline to get it off. What a job and what a mess!!!


My dad and I came back out the next morning to finish and my mom watched the boys wednesday morning and tuesday night! Thanks so much Mom and Dad!!!! Here's the finished job!! And of course it rained again after my dad and I got finished!






Thursday, June 17th, we got our gravel all done and ready for cement to be poured tomorrow!! We also got our foundation backfilled! It's really starting to look like a house!! They are planning to start framing on Monday, June 28th!! Wahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment